Security Installer Community

help!!!how do wire my pir's???

Guest ziph

One of my service engineers is notorious for scrounging cups of tea, so I made a sign up to hang round his neck. It said "Dont feed the animal"

what about when you wernt with him? Who fed you then?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they where going towards needing qualifications to install intruder alarms, to stop anyone doing it? but a lot of people that been in the industry a long time automatically get "granddad rights" ?

I got NVQ level 3 in both intruder hold up alarms and fire detection, seems almost a waste if all you have to do is train with a company for a few years to get granddad rights ! 

Edited by dazoman1

it makes sense you have 17th edition regs for sparks ( which I know is more in depth to H&S) but still, intruder is still a peace of mind that needs to be installed to right grading and class?

We all can know we could wire T&E but we don't cause its not allowed ( Don't want to get onto the 4mm Cubit )

my understanding is insurance wise has to be a registered company.. should employees be qualified too ?

scenario

so a butcher looking for a new carrer that installed his own house alarm and a friends, now joins a alarm company ( blagged his way in )  is out installing and service alarm systems, does he know what hes doing ?

simple things like a grade 3 is he putting the screw for the back tamper or just going top and bottom fixings ?!?