Security Installer Community

Optima xm packed in

Guest matthewaquinn

Another one - BT Service :whistle:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

thanks m8, learnt a new word today!  :P 

Oxymoron - two words that contradict each other. lovely word. cheers.

AOL High-Speed  :P

Living Dead  :huh:  :P

Nice

66787[/snapback]

Big list of them HERE

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest matthewaquinn
yup, i guess if he hasnt got the engineers code it could be a problem.

But if its the fuse as monteey suggests (which it probably is, as 12v and ov have probably shorted out somewhere) then its really a simple job.

But no engineers code means system will go into full alarm when the lid is removed.

But if he has it then simply key it in. Turn mains power off 1st. Remove lid. Alarm shouldnt go off. If it does you aint in engineers mode.

Remove battery connections. you'll see most likely 2 fuses.

One is battery fuse, other is 12v Aux fuse. Look to see if the thin wire going through he fuse has broken/looks burnt out.

If so replace fuse.

PS, im not sure if you really have to remove the battery to replace the fuse. If you do though you'll have to find the kick start pins on your box to re-start your system.

Alarm will ring when you short the kick start pins. Key in access code. Replace lid.

TEst system to see it if works now.

66778[/snapback]

So if I understand I need to do the following

1) Turn mains power off 1st.

2) key in engineers code.

3) Remove lid.

4) Remove battery connections.

5) Look to see if the thin wire going through he fuse has broken/looks burnt out. If so replace fuse. PS, im not sure if you really have to remove the battery to replace the fuse. If you do though you'll have to find the kick start pins on your box to re-start your system. Alarm will ring when you short the kick start pins. Key in access code. Replace lid.

Questions

I have a fresh battery in there, when I turn off the mains will this affect anything?

Is the engineers code in this document legit

Please do not publish engineer manuals in the open forum thank-you

When i remove the lid, if the alarm does go off what do I do?

Where are the fuses, left, right, which one do I want to change if both where do I get these fuses from?

Where are the kick start pins? How do I use them? When the alarm rings do I enter the normal code i use daily or engineer code?

cheers, alternatively Im in Eccles, Manchester, if someone can quote me for the work (and it was reasonable enough) then I would prefer to do that, ta.

You haven't got any kick start pins, roonster isn't an installer so is unsure as to what the advice he's throwing about could do.

When you turn off the mains as long as the battery is healthy and of the correct size etc... then the alarm will be unaffected by the removal of mains power. The codes in ther manual may or may not be right as they could\should have been changed from the defaults.

If you need replacement fuses then depends, you could down your electrical wholesalers and get some, possibly, not always a stock item at all wholesalers, or order some from CPC or Maplins.

Or, Beacon Security Limited, 08704 42 55 24, for an engineer.

Archived