Security Installer Community

Replacing Meridian

Guest Superdave

Guest Superdave

I have a Meridian Alarm Control Panel which was installed 15 years ago, it has always been a problem as whenever we've had a power cut the alarm would activate and need resetting by the guy who installed it.

I've been away for a few days and whilst away sure enough we've had a power cut, my wife couldn't get the alarm to stop and unfortunately the installer is no longer contactable, my neighbour who tried to help, literally smashed the bellbox to pieces to stop it ringing.

I obviously now need a new bellbox but I am also considering installing a completey new panel, after having read quite a few threads, on this very helpful site, I'm considering getting a Texecom Veritas V8 as my wife prefers a panel with built in keypad, I'll couple this with a Texecom Odyssey Box.

What I would like to know is whether or not swapping the panel will be a fairly straightforward exercise, the present panel has 4 Pir's coming into it, I may run another one into it having read a few things on this site.

Any assistance or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Dave

I'm considering getting a Texecom Veritas V8 as my wife prefers a panel with built in keypad, I'll couple this with a Texecom Odyssey Box
Good panel & bellbox. Fairly easy to install & setup.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

If it is 15 years, I doubt it is a Meridian (I assume you are talking abou the Castle Care-Tech Meridian?). If it is a meridian, the panel change may not be simple if the installer has taken short-cuts with the wiring. The Meridian is an ID panel, the Texecom R8 is EOL.

As others have suggested get the panel looked at by a new installer. this will ensure that the system is operating correctly and you will also be able to have it set up the way you want etc, customer reset etc and get a new battery fitted.

A repair will prove cheaper as you may not have the correct wiring to suit the new panel. :cry:

Post your location and one of the guys will be able to help you further.

Colin.

Archived