Security Installer Community

PIR Motions

Guest firemanrob

Oh you silly brits!

You say "leave well enough alone".  You do realize you are talking to an american right?  We left your country long ago beacuse of that very advice. 

Thanks for nothing!

65886[/snapback]

Just as a matter of interest because I've always been interested in history and am a regular viewer of time team but wasn'nt it actually the original members of the puritan church in britain who were being persecuted because of their religous beliefs who sailed from Plymouth to New England so that they could live and serve God in the manner they chose?I dont think it was because anyone was being told to "leave well alone" and if it was I dont understand in which context this could have any baring on the subject of "messing about with an alarm system" but of course it may just be that I'm not seeing the connection can anyone add to this topic guys? :rolleyes::whistle: Paul.

Brian, why in the **** did you erase eng's post??

I bet that wasn't hurting anyone.. :whistle:

What comes in being a briton, i am not the one (nor i would have anything against that). I ofcourse have some relatives who left to NA and NOT because they were told to. (and at the mo one of my pluck buddies is in ohio (if you know where it is..) where she is going to get wet ;) (at least our weather forecast says so.. :roflmao: )

Since "all" americans are so religious (or puritan's) i hope your system is not wireless..

Brian, why in the **** did you erase eng's post??

I bet that wasn't hurting anyone..  :whistle:

66255[/snapback]

Georg, the power of being a MOD, lets hope when the new Mods decide to edit posts they give a reason, something that i have being asking them to do for a long time.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Nova,

On the rare occasion I have to edit posts the reason is usually obviously clear. Bad language, trade info in public, pricing and the like. Sometimes I have had to edit posts that contained references to companies and individuals but ALWAYS drop a comment as to why and on a few occasions posters have queried why posts have been edited and I have replied via PM as appropriate.

Hope this sets your mind at rest.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Georg, the power of being a MOD, lets hope when the new Mods decide to edit posts they give a reason, something that i have being asking them to do for a long time.

66260[/snapback]

i know and i have been asking that as well.

I haven't have any problems except with the mod "is the best mod i have ever known" and even that wasn't too bad eventhou i could have killed him at THAT particular moment but would offer :beer:'s on me if i would meet him now.

THOU i still don't agree with editing post without leaving a clear explanation on the edited post what was edited (and if that does not make it clear then also WHY)!

Anyhow Brian has been very fair mod as far as i can see (and have seen) and would bet he saw something he couldn't have left unedited and didn't have time for an explanation right then.

Archived