Security Installer Community

Why do texecom sell dummy bell boxes?

Guest roonster

Fair point,

Regarding my break in, they did not get anything as it looks like when one of them got in, the system went into alarm with soudbombs etc probally scaring the c**p out of them.

The speech dialler worked fine but I was 20 miles away so they were well gone by the time I got back.

So I will agree that an alarm system is a good deterent but dont forget about physical security as well, good locks etc

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

So I will agree that an alarm system is a good deterent but dont forget about physical security as well, good locks etc

65735[/snapback]

For sure. Listen, at the end of the day, security is about risk reduction. An alarm will be a deterrent and burglars won't always know what locks are on the doors/windows until they have tried to break-in. A property needs to have the illusion/impression that it is secure first and foremost. I do find it funny sometimes how insurers harp on about good window locks. Glass can't be broken or cut out? How many clients have we got who are so proud of their brand new double glazed "security" windows, with external beading :!: ?

I went to someone's house a while back. Intruders came through the garden via the golf course, not only did they take out the double glazed window, but they removed the entire window unit as well!

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I went to someone's house a while back. Intruders came through the garden via the golf course, not only did they take out the double glazed window, but they removed the entire window unit as well!

No doubt some here would suggest they seen the window for sale on Ebay.. ;)

Gardtec Nova4 Box = unavailable to joe public so fitted by the trade, house is alarmed, and purely due to it not being available to the public there's less knowledge of how to disable the system.

65715[/snapback]

CEF sell these dave.

Archived