Security Installer Community

Which odyssey bellbox is easiest to work with?

Guest roonster

Guest roonster

Hi,

Im thinking of going for the bog standard 1E model. But the 3E dodgy shape one looks ok as well.

Does the shape of the 1E have any advantages over the 3E?

They come in red, yellow and white. Which colour looks the best to those who have actually seen them?

Also where is the best place to mount a bellbox? We can either put it right at the top of the house in the triangle thing with a long ladder. Or climb on the extension and put it just around the corner.

What bell boxes do the pros use? Do you also go for this popular one or do you try and be slightly different?

I would mount is as high as you can without needing someone to stand on the bottom of the ladder (so when you are on your own and need to get to it - it is not mounted on some precarious location).

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest roonster
I would mount is as high as you can without needing someone to stand on the bottom of the ladder (so when you are on your own and need to get to it - it is not mounted on some precarious location).

64508[/snapback]

hmmm, the highest place is in the triangle near the roof. And this requires someone to hold the ladder. But the other place doesnt require nothing. I can easily jump onto the extension and get to it if mounted on the lower section.

OK - but as far as I am concerned, we install bell boxes that are reachable by one person, because, I don't know how you do it in your company, engineers don't go out in pairs.

Fitting to an Apex is fine - but if the ladder had to be mounted on dodgy ground, or there was no direct line to the Apex without traversing a lower roof first then the bell box wouldn't go there.

Bell boxes used to always be up high. Not so much anymore. Health & Safety, laziness, unprofessionalism, better made bell boxes.......whatever the reason. Nothing wrong with first floor window level, but yes, should not be easily reachable by anyone.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived