Security Installer Community

"From Technical Terms to Kit List...."

Guest Dobbin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dobbin

Adi

Whats the difference between the Mirage series and the Prestige series?

Why should I use Prestige instead of Mirage?

Dobbin

Cost and also the fact they are less likely again to F/A etc, better quality all over.

There are other brands such as optex to consider too....

Don't get too confused about different brands of detectors. Every company has their preferred one - most of the time for no particular reason apart from they like the brand or their supplier gives them good prices.

Optex are considered amongst the best - but you won't go wrong with most reputable brands. Also, some detectors are slightly larger (or different shapes) than others and if you are going to get some Dualtecs as well as some PIR's it will make sense to get some that share the same style of housing for aesthetics.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

They are their latest detectors so i would say the electronics and software are better although there is nothing wrong with the reflex and mirage range but my main reason is the design of the casing, personally i think there are the dogs dangley bits.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I always fit napco 15 x 11m dual tech and never have any problems, well the odd time one will fail its self test but i must see 100 /200 a week and never seem to any give problems ( as long as you set them up right )

If i can be anymore halp please ask

I always fit napco 15 x 11m dual tech and never have any problems
I don't always fit them, but if it were upto me I would. Love the Napco's.

Also one of only a few detectors that don't get upset working as low as -10 degrees.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Fitted a few NAPCOs ourselves. They were the only dualtec that GardTec sold before they had their own range. Solid

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest Dobbin

They sound excellent and seem well recommended by all. Are they only available to the trade coz I cannot find anywhere online that sells them to get a price comparison?

Dobbin

Guest Dobbin

Thanks MISTER_DAVE

It seems that the NAPCOs have turned into 'red herrings' coz they are only available to trade!

I will have to stick with the texecoms (which seem more than good enough for the job anyway)

Dobbin

Archived