Security Installer Community

Telephone Preference Service

Have you ever purchased from cold callers  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever purchased from cold callers

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Brian how much mail do you get in a day? My mail come with a large elastic band around it and much as i would like i have no inclination to open and read anything other than cheques. You want to know how i know which are the cheques? time my boy just time.

Jef

65454[/snapback]

:lol: Know what you mean!

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cyberprog

Junk Mail goes straight in the bin, Cold Callers get to wait on hold until they give up, or someone silly enough in the office wonders who's been on hold on line 4 for 45mins, and people who come by and bug me in person get the an invitation to race the dog to the gate.

• 3 months later...
Guest foxlocks
Hi Drew,

I don't know if you are going to like me saying this, but I hope you are like me and hope that your real friends would tell you when you have a booger hanging out of your nose than think they are being a friend in not telling you (here goes):-

I have received a lot of marketting from your company over the years and don't really mind as it keeps me informed of what you sell and how it works, however, I find myself noy using your equipment much because the excessive marketting gives the impression that you must be desperate to shift it, perhaps because it doesn't measure up to other manufacturers. Now I'm not saying that is true, by any means, but that is what I have done in practise. I admit that I'm not the worlds best entrykit guy, but I am starting to get more work in that area, yet find myself steering clear of your kit for no apparent reason other than an insane guess that the persistant marketting is there for a reason.

Sorry mate, maybe this would be an opportunity to enlighten me with some home truths about how great your kit is. :unsure:

;) I've used Paxton on many occassions and it all works great, must say I haven't installed any of their online kit yet, I should be installing one next week though.

On the TPS front, it's worked a treat for our office fax machine, we used to come in in the morning to reams of fax papaer all over the desk, it's stopped all of that now. I've also registered my home phone number, and that also worked great until about a mo0nth ago, when i staryed to get an Indian call centre trying to sell me a mortgage, and one You've won

i hate these calls like most, and have now registered with TPS, but synically not the fax line. that way calls to tht line give me the pleasure of thinking a tell sale person has got eh fax screech for their trouble.

i don't get many junk faxes but if i do i follow through on the premmis of setting up an account. once i get thier fax number i have a 100 page document in word which explains why i do not want further contact, then i send it 10 - 20 times - cost a few sovs but hopefully wipes out the paper in their machine and fills the memory up, and tends to stop it happening again.

incidentaly, on LBC Radio (lodon) a guy was talking about this problem i think he supp;lied those reference disks they should use, but said to date no one has actually been fined. don't know if this is true but registering has all but stopped calls to my moby, unlisted private number and business with exception of the 'silent caller' 4 consecutive nights at 8pm. i use cli and called it back to get unobtainable signal.

i do miss using my referee's whistle quit so much though, i used say i could not hear them to well and speak very quietly so they would really have to listen then sudenly blowthe whistle hard half way through a sentence, if they were still there i'd do it again a few moments later and blame static on the line :P

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 year later...

They rang my missus asking if she wanted some windows.

She told them we've already got some. ;)

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

• 1 month later...
Ive used this service and it does work to a degree, unfortunatley it doesnt stop the muppets who just go through the yellow pages one by one, using a non identified number to call from.

hi Ian,

for a business to withold its phone number is actually illegal, so you can have some fun informing them of the fact :yes:.

trouble being firms who phone from abroad. i find they are easy to detect as they use highly compressed lines which are worse than 1950's ship to shore radio.

common scenario -:

ring ring

(me) "Alan Taylor Speaking"

(agent) "can is speak to Mr Alan Taylor please"

(me) "speaking" (making it very crisp)

(agent) "am i speaking to Mr Alan Taylor please"

(me) "i've already answered that question so who are you?" (again very crisp)

(agent) "am i speaking to Mr Alan Taylor please"

(me) "lblast on very loud referee's 'thunderer' whistle"

(agent) (click buurrrr) :)

about 10 minutes later we do it all again so i ask them to wait while i attend to a caller on the front door, and leave the phone open to see how patient they are.

(agent) (finally) click buurrrr) :)

funny enough the last call i got was from BT trying to flog me BT Internet - until i told them i was registered with TPS

priceless!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived