Telephone Preference Service

Have you ever purchased from cold callers  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever purchased from cold callers

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Oh er.. thanks. Sniff! That's better!

I really appreciate your comment - I think it's a good sign generally that we're getting through. Please let me know your details though, because we have a box we can untick!

I personally hate junk mail, marketing calls and all of that kind of thing. However, there is some promotional stuff that I receive that I opt to read. That's an attempt to excuse all of the stuff that we send out - I hope most people have either rung us to say "Enough!" or are happy to receive it.

There is an incredibly compelling reason for us to do this. Yes we are as a company very keen to sell our products. It's galling employing all of those people and switching the lights on every day if all of your potential customers have absolutely no idea that you exist, or have forgotten you. This used to happen a lot before we did monthly mailshots. At IFSEC, a large number of installers had the "Who?" look on their face as they came on the stand.

I won't go on about the stuff that we sell - it's best for you to ask others who have experience to judge a number of manufacturers. I would advise you never to buy from a company that doesn't show itself to be alive and kicking in some way. It won't be there tomorrow!

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

I really appreciate your comment - I think it's a good sign generally that we're getting through.  Please let me know your details though, because we have a box we can untick!

65435[/snapback]

Drew please tick my box. Use Post code M25 3AJ No. 517 You double mail us under two names. It all goes in the bin and i think i should do my bit for the enviroment.

Jef

Customers!

the excessive marketting gives the impression that you must be desperate to shift it, perhaps because it doesn't measure up to other manufacturers. Now I'm not saying that is true, by any means, but that is what I have done in practise. I admit that I'm not the worlds best entrykit guy, but I am starting to get more work in that area, yet find myself steering clear of your kit for no apparent reason other than an insane guess that the persistant marketting is there for a reason.

Sorry mate, maybe this would be an opportunity to enlighten me with some home truths about how great your kit is. :unsure:

64961[/snapback]

?? If someone has the funding to market their product then they can't be desperate can they? I think you will find that most of the people who buy Paxton appreciate the continual contact - it is the best way to further business, ensure repeat business, and shows that they care about their clients. So if they advertised on TV, radio or national press you would use them even less because they would then be super desperate?? :whistle:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Wow! TV advertising! We could write our own jingle and... BANG! [Person with smoking gun runs out of office] :ninja:

Seriously, thanks for your kind comments, Zak. We do get positive remarks about our mail outs!

I have been thinking about this and we could do better in making it easier for people to unsubscribe. We will do something about this in the September mailshot.

In the meantime, JB-eye is marked as non-mailshot now.

I will resist hi-jacking the thread with Paxton marketing stuff - just to say that if you have had enough of us, let us know and we'll leave you alone! :yes:

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

I love telemarketting calls!

I wait until they first pause, then I ask " do you know what the TPS is?"

usually I get "no"

Then I say "Please raise your hand, or whatever you have to do to attract your supervisor, then ask them..."

Usually I hear the footsteps of the supervisor followed by a loud crash as the receiver is 'gently' replaced!!!

This has only back-fired once (recently) as the cheeky telemarketeer said "I am calling you from India, your laws do not apply here..."

(repeat with accent...)

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

In the meantime, JB-eye is marked as non-mailshot now.

65442[/snapback]

Thanks for that. I wish it was that easy to stop most of the stuff we get comming through. saying that i did hold on to the multi protocol reader leaflet, Now this is something that i could find a use for. :yes:

Jef

Customers!

saying that i did hold on to the multi protocol reader leaflet, Now this is something that i could find a use for. :yes:

Jef

65449[/snapback]

lol

I find them informative. Security Related mailshots don't bother me.

non-related and phone calls wind me up though.

Registered with TPS about 3 weeks ago after seeing it here and the calls have more or les stopped! :yes::D

If you don't know......ask.

I find them informative. Security Related mailshots don't bother me.

65452[/snapback]

Brian how much mail do you get in a day? My mail come with a large elastic band around it and much as i would like i have no inclination to open and read anything other than cheques. You want to know how i know which are the cheques? time my boy just time.

Jef

Customers!

Security Related mailshots don't bother me.

65452[/snapback]

Me neither, I don't have any real friends that send me mail!

Useful stuff about new products and catalogues from decent companies I like, useless repetitive **** about old products from businesses with a lack of customers I don't. ;)

I prefer mailshots and emails, I have a chance of actually reading those when I get time, telemarketing is a waste of time as if I'm working the phone is more of a hindrance than a help.

Archived