Telephone Preference Service

Have you ever purchased from cold callers  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever purchased from cold callers

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Guest RICHL
Ive used this service and it does work to a degree, unfortunatley it doesnt stop the muppets who just go through the yellow pages one by one, using a non identified number to call from.

62953[/snapback]

Ditto

every morning I have this conversation "so you're not interested in saving money on your mobile phone then?" :realmad:

Ive used this service and it does work to a degree, unfortunatley it doesnt stop the muppets who just go through the yellow pages one by one, using a non identified number to call from.

62953[/snapback]

We are ex- directory and we still get the "hello im from the Police, nothing to worry about but would you be intrested in advertiseing " at this point i intersect with "where did you get this number" them "NSI" me "Feck off".

Same with the bank, where my account manager has strict instructions not to bug me with sales **** or its me that will Feck off.

Jef

Customers!

Ditto

every morning I have this conversation "so you're not interested in saving money on your mobile phone then?"  :realmad:

62955[/snapback]

I just tell them i have only just last month renewed my contract for 3 years, they soon hang up.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I understand that this service is not 100% effective. But it can stop most people calling unfortunately if you do advertise in the yellow pages or other advertising places then those who troll through will get through. But if this service stops at least one call coming through then that

If your at home and you get the phone call when you are eating your tea selling double glazing etc.

If its a woman ask for the colour of hir knickers it always works thay hang up quicker than jack flash LOL LOL :new_rofl::new_rofl:

Or i some times ask for ther home number when thay ask why say "So i can FOOKING phone you when you have just got in from work and about to start eating your tea"

They do my head in

If you have registered with TPS then regardless of where the marketing company gets your number it is wrong for them to call you.

If a company calls you and you are registered with TPS, let them tell you who they are before you tell them to "££$% off. You can then inform TPS. Most marketing companies buy in lists that meet their criteria, which are TPS vetted. If a company trawls through the yellow pages etc. and calls you, you can report them.

We used to get TONS of junk faxes. It stopped overnight after subscribing. This week however I have had 4 separate calls to my mobile trying to get me to change companies. The conversation lasted about 4 seconds - intrusive f*****s. I have now seen (thanks to smart1) that you can register mobiles. :

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I think people are missing the point here.

The TPS was primarily designed for residential numbers and not business numbers, so if you register a business number with the TPS - then the likelihood is it wont work - thats what they told me anyway, and similar advice is given somewhere on their web site I think, again I may be wrong on this, but Im sure it was the case.

The TPS was primarily designed for residential numbers and not business numbers, so if you register a business number with the TPS - then the likelihood is it wont work

62982[/snapback]

You can continue to register your residential telephone number on the Telephone Preference Service. The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a central opt out register whereby individuals can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. The term individual under English law includes sole traders and except in Scotland partnerships as well as consumers at residential addresses.
What is Corporate TPS?

The Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) is the central opt out register whereby corporate subscribers (see definition below) can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to either all their organisation's telephone numbers, or to certain numbers. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the CTPS.

ctps

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yep - just had another look, I clicked on the limited co option and it carried on to the application page, that has changed from the time I tried to register, so thanks for the info - Ill plumb my details in soon, cheers - Dave.

I used to get inundated with faxes so I registered with FPS and TPS about 4 years ago - almost immediateley they all stopped - its excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

Also we use the computer to receive faxes instead of the fax machine - it saves a fortune on carts and you can print off a copy if it gets lost.

Where do you register your mobile phone?

Fire Member

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IM_Alarms

The 'nobody there' calls are call centres that dial many lines and put the first batch of answered calls through to staff and dump the overspill.......... Nothing worse. We should all take a leaf out of a friends book and keep them all talking for as long as possible, never put the phone down and calmly explain that you will never purchase anything from the company they are selling for ever again.

See if you can beat 45minutes and YES I put the phone down in the end. Would have got the hour if I had bluetooth earpiece back then. :yes:

We do a bit of telemarketing ourselves, of the non-insistant variety. (Or at least I hope that's how it comes across!) If we are asked not to call, we wouldn't again, but we are mostly welcomed as we have a proper purpose for calling.

The inclusion of companies in the Telephone Preference Service is quite recent, but it means that Telemarketeers can be fined if they persist in calling registered company numbers.

We have set up a system with our database where we check it monthly against the TPS database and any contacts that are registered are flagged up in such a way that we are warned if we are dialling a registered number.

If you register and then are called by a pest, the best way to get rid of them is to warn them about being fined - it always works for me! I have also found that since I registered, the number of calls I receive has reduced massively.

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

Guest IM_Alarms

Hi Drew,

I don't know if you are going to like me saying this, but I hope you are like me and hope that your real friends would tell you when you have a booger hanging out of your nose than think they are being a friend in not telling you (here goes):-

I have received a lot of marketting from your company over the years and don't really mind as it keeps me informed of what you sell and how it works, however, I find myself noy using your equipment much because the excessive marketting gives the impression that you must be desperate to shift it, perhaps because it doesn't measure up to other manufacturers. Now I'm not saying that is true, by any means, but that is what I have done in practise. I admit that I'm not the worlds best entrykit guy, but I am starting to get more work in that area, yet find myself steering clear of your kit for no apparent reason other than an insane guess that the persistant marketting is there for a reason.

Sorry mate, maybe this would be an opportunity to enlighten me with some home truths about how great your kit is. :unsure:

Oh er.. thanks. Sniff! That's better!

I really appreciate your comment - I think it's a good sign generally that we're getting through. Please let me know your details though, because we have a box we can untick!

I personally hate junk mail, marketing calls and all of that kind of thing. However, there is some promotional stuff that I receive that I opt to read. That's an attempt to excuse all of the stuff that we send out - I hope most people have either rung us to say "Enough!" or are happy to receive it.

There is an incredibly compelling reason for us to do this. Yes we are as a company very keen to sell our products. It's galling employing all of those people and switching the lights on every day if all of your potential customers have absolutely no idea that you exist, or have forgotten you. This used to happen a lot before we did monthly mailshots. At IFSEC, a large number of installers had the "Who?" look on their face as they came on the stand.

I won't go on about the stuff that we sell - it's best for you to ask others who have experience to judge a number of manufacturers. I would advise you never to buy from a company that doesn't show itself to be alive and kicking in some way. It won't be there tomorrow!

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

I really appreciate your comment - I think it's a good sign generally that we're getting through.  Please let me know your details though, because we have a box we can untick!

65435[/snapback]

Drew please tick my box. Use Post code M25 3AJ No. 517 You double mail us under two names. It all goes in the bin and i think i should do my bit for the enviroment.

Jef

Customers!

the excessive marketting gives the impression that you must be desperate to shift it, perhaps because it doesn't measure up to other manufacturers. Now I'm not saying that is true, by any means, but that is what I have done in practise. I admit that I'm not the worlds best entrykit guy, but I am starting to get more work in that area, yet find myself steering clear of your kit for no apparent reason other than an insane guess that the persistant marketting is there for a reason.

Sorry mate, maybe this would be an opportunity to enlighten me with some home truths about how great your kit is. :unsure:

64961[/snapback]

?? If someone has the funding to market their product then they can't be desperate can they? I think you will find that most of the people who buy Paxton appreciate the continual contact - it is the best way to further business, ensure repeat business, and shows that they care about their clients. So if they advertised on TV, radio or national press you would use them even less because they would then be super desperate?? :whistle:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Wow! TV advertising! We could write our own jingle and... BANG! [Person with smoking gun runs out of office] :ninja:

Seriously, thanks for your kind comments, Zak. We do get positive remarks about our mail outs!

I have been thinking about this and we could do better in making it easier for people to unsubscribe. We will do something about this in the September mailshot.

In the meantime, JB-eye is marked as non-mailshot now.

I will resist hi-jacking the thread with Paxton marketing stuff - just to say that if you have had enough of us, let us know and we'll leave you alone! :yes:

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Archived