Security Installer Community

868Mhz PIRs protocol

Guest chiquetete

May it not be better to come at this from a different angle, i.e. use something with an accessible protocol that you can build into a wired PIR?

Just a thought.

Guest chiquetete

hi,

our idea was to do it with wireless PIRs... i suppouse that using wired PIRs will do it easier.

i will go on looking for information about 868mhz PIRs.

thans to all for your help and advices...

regards,

our idea was to do it with wireless PIRs... i suppouse that using wired PIRs will do it easier.

61527[/snapback]

I meant use wired PIR's but add wireless functionality to it with a generic wireless transmitter, and which you have access to the protocol for.

Does it have to be 868Mhz?

hi,

i will go on looking for information about 868mhz PIRs.

thans to all for your help and advices...

regards,

61527[/snapback]

I bet you're wasting your time. I don't see any point why would manufacturers give their protocol out. And I bet that every manufacturer has their own protocol.

If you are working for a university you should have proper equipment (ie. spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope, etc..) to check what it DOES send in different situations. That's all info you need to process the alarm. Anyway wireless PIR's very rarely have receiver built in so can't interact with them.

AND if your purpose is to do something that is connected to security you can forget wireless systems anyway.

So i see it so that giving info about protocols for wireless systems is not breaching anyones security since there isn't any security breach anyway. :!:

Guest chiquetete
I bet you're wasting your time. I don't see any point why would manufacturers give their protocol out. And I bet that every manufacturer has their own protocol.

If you are working for a university you should have proper equipment (ie. spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope, etc..) to check what it DOES send in different situations. That's all info you need to process the alarm. Anyway wireless PIR's very rarely have receiver built in so can't interact with them.

AND if your purpose is to do something that is connected to security you can forget wireless systems anyway.

61716[/snapback]

Why do you say this? i suppouse all you work with security systems and you have experience on this... do you think wireless devices are not secure? do they fail? :blink:

at home i have an alarm system from Infinite with wireless PIRs... is it good? :huh:

thanks for your comments!

So i see it so that giving info about protocols for wireless systems is not breaching anyones security since there isn't any security breach anyway.  :!:

61716[/snapback]

So i see it so that giving info about protocols for wireless systems is not breaching anyones security since there isn't any security breach anyway.  :!:

61716[/snapback]

Thinking laterally, suppose someone had the capability to read and copy the protocols to fool Mr X's alarm system into thinking one of its sensors had been activated while set, so Mr X get's nothing but false alarms while he's out doing the shopping, one day the crook tries to fool his alarm again and sees this time the alarm doesnt go off? Ahh.. must have left the alarm off today, I think i'll go break in and steal all his stuff. You tell me how that isn't a security breech. ;)

EDIT: Extreme but just meant to illustrate a point.

egg03064.gif

Archived