Security Installer Community

Master Blasters

antinode

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended a service call at a well known shop that is open Alldays. Only to find the maintenance engineer here carrying out his routine maintenance. Now he is not the cleverest of guys but as I walked in the front door the check out assistant was shaking like a leave asking me what I was here for and hopefully not setting the alarm off. Anyway found out the maintenance guy had set the alarm off but forgot about the master blaster that was 4 feet above the till on the suspended ceiling. I walked out pissing myself. :P

cheers Kev

I know of a lad on a past firm who thought it would be good to see what it felt like to put his finger on the fins as they were spinning :no: He was lucky it was only a small gash.

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

we got a systen in a factory out in Hereford which as 4 Blasters fitted,when they go off the owner can hear it from is house over a mile away.

61148[/snapback]

Hereford! Who needs an alarm in Hereford:

1. It's so far from anywhere, and the roads are so bad, that no-one would bother.

2. The locals are NOT for messing with (S*S if you need a clue) :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Hereford? Gotta be Chris Jackson then?

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 2 months later...
Guest graale00

Had one the other day in a trim factory having an upgrade, the other engineer dropped the negative and the Master Blaster went nuts....unfortuntately it was above to sewing machines, 10 minutes later a woman came marching round the corner saying that half of her well over-60 workforce nearly stitched their fingers to their headrests.

Aaaah bit of pain never hurt anyone

• 5 weeks later...

A long time ago, I was doing a maintenance on an older intruder alarm in a farm house in the middle of nowhere.

They had a master blaster style siren outside on the front of the house (it was a black unit running directly from 240vac, with a relay inside the loft driven from the bell output). It was as loud, if not louder than a conventional master blaster.

I was doing the maintenance on the sunthorne panel (remember these? keyswitch operated, various push buttons including a bell test that was actually a N/C push button that dis'd the voltage to the OS bell. Most of the LED's from the MPCB and expansion zone cards were viewable through the large smoked plastic sheet on the front of the panel? The LED's faided, there was no built in bell timer (endless time!) and the PSU's were ****! Don't remember? Ok, back to the topic then).

I set the system, and trigged it. I could hear the OS siren screeming so, thats working ok! Turned off the panel. The customer walked in moments later in a panic. Apparently I had activated the system just as a young girl on a horse had trotted past the front of the house. The horse had bolted and the customer had been attempting to calm the horse and the girl.

Bet there was an extra portion of horse manure on the road afterwards!

Matt

Guest Trulloman
A long time ago, I was doing a maintenance on an older intruder alarm in a farm house in the middle of nowhere.

They had a master blaster style siren outside on the front of the house (it was a black unit running directly from 240vac, with a relay inside the loft driven from the bell output). It was as loud, if not louder than a conventional master blaster.

I was doing the maintenance on the sunthorne panel (remember these? keyswitch operated, various push buttons including a bell test that was actually a N/C push button that dis'd the voltage to the OS bell. Most of the LED's from the MPCB and expansion zone cards were viewable through the large smoked plastic sheet on the front of the panel? The LED's faided, there was no built in bell timer (endless time!) and the PSU's were ****! Don't remember? Ok, back to the topic then).

I set the system, and trigged it. I could hear the OS siren screeming so, thats working ok! Turned off the panel. The customer walked in moments later in a panic. Apparently I had activated the system just as a young girl on a horse had trotted past the front of the house. The horse had bolted and the customer had been attempting to calm the horse and the girl.

Bet there was an extra portion of horse manure on the road afterwards!

Matt

I remember these they used to make them in Aldershot, Hants. Crusader used to fit them before Rentokil took them over.

Archived