Security Installer Community

Dealership jobs done

The Arab

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

:yes:

But does he, I've seen plenty during take-overs that have been sub-standard for a couple of years.

Why don't ALL these dealership installs get visited within a few weeks of install, and the company concerned called back to correct any issues prior to being paid.?

i know it an old post chaps :whistle: . i believe //.National Installer.// should have a dedicated engineer to check the system witin a few weeks of installation. :yes: . we service engineer at //.National Installer.// could do without this visit cos we have enough on our plate :ranting: .At present the customer will not normally see an engineer until they book an engineer for their next RI visit 6 mths time.i have on number of occassion report to our dealership dept for non-compliance of system or installation :banned:. i must admit they was bad at the start of the dealership program but they are today a far better standard :yes:

:yes:

i know it an old post chaps :whistle: . i believe //.National Installer.// should have a dedicated engineer to check the system witin a few weeks of installation. :yes: . we service engineer at //.National Installer.// could do without this visit cos we have enough on our plate :ranting: .At present the customer will not normally see an engineer until they book an engineer for their next RI visit 6 mths time.i have on number of occassion report to our dealership dept for non-compliance of system or installation :banned:. i must admit they was bad at the start of the dealership program but they are today a far better standard :yes:

Dont think they are....looked at one this weekend for a friend of a friend....everything was okay untill you went to set it.......he said my exit terminator does'nt work...not surprised really as when i presented the key fob too the button, the button came right out of frame....although it was missing something...a bit of cable to connect it to the panel

• 9 months later...

I went to do a first service on a domestic alarm in Sutton Coldfield fitted by a dealership. I noticed the keypad in the cupboard downstairs, OK so far.

Then I asked the customer where the panel was, he told me that he wasn't in when it was fitted and would have to call his wife, this he did but unfortunatley she didn't know either. I asked her where the installers were working most when it was fitted, she thought about it for a while and then said, "Well they did spend a long time in the BATHROOM"

I went in the bathroon and there was nothing in there out of the ordinary, until I took the side off their BATH and there it was, right under the taps not even fixed to the wall, along with the spur, which also was "free range"

The even odder thing was that the cupboard with the keypad inside was directly below the bathroom, so the lot could have gone there anyway (Which eventually it did)

I went to do a first service on a domestic alarm in Sutton Coldfield fitted by a dealership. I noticed the keypad in the cupboard downstairs, OK so far.

Then I asked the customer where the panel was, he told me that he wasn't in when it was fitted and would have to call his wife, this he did but unfortunatley she didn't know either. I asked her where the installers were working most when it was fitted, she thought about it for a while and then said, "Well they did spend a long time in the BATHROOM"

I went in the bathroon and there was nothing in there out of the ordinary, until I took the side off their BATH and there it was, right under the taps not even fixed to the wall, along with the spur, which also was "free range"

The even odder thing was that the cupboard with the keypad inside was directly below the bathroom, so the lot could have gone there anyway (Which eventually it did)

If customers knew what //.Large National Installer.// were doing they would not pay the money.

who wants some monkey on peanuts working on your property, mind you they would be in a lose lose. :P

• 1 year later...

Archived