• Engineer--Provide them if Asked
    • Engineer--Do not provide them at all
    • User--Im happy to leave the serious stuff to the pro`s
    • User--Its my Alarm, I have the right to a manual
    • Un-decided

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand the reasons the public want the Engineer manual, I mean i'd love the Engineer/Service manual for all my mod con's & gadgets but I don't expect them to be supplied to me with my purchases. So why should Alarm system's be regarded differently.? Well I assume because it was (and still is in most cases) that they are supplied WITH there alarm control panel, and the engineer's removed them after install.

not often anymore, normally a quick start guide and thats it, better IMO.

If panel companies where to remove installation manuals from the boxs and handed one to an engineer on a training day the problem wouldnt be there as you cant hand a manual to your customer if you havnt got one. They cant have yours as it was issued and belongs to you as an engineer, if they want to know about the panel then they must attend a course at an inflated cost. Bingo problem solved

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Guest anguscanplay
As you are unaware of the total facts the company in question may be furfilling their obligations to the contract in place. It may well be those in charge opted for a basic cover plan.

hence my comment about paying enough, but the O/P has fallen into the trap of claiming big expense by adding every year up - using that logic I might as well not insure my car because I`ve already paid for it 10 times over the years

Although somethings you mentioned are just not good enough.

dunno - you never been pinned in a corner by a customer wanting to know " what YOU going to do about it.......?" when the poor engineers only got the same level of responsibilty as the guy pinning him to the wall has in his own organisation

THB Huw - an engineer manual in your case would cause more trouble than its worth (your already on record as having "fiddled..." with some equipment your boss has got under contract ) have you never seen the "removal of this label invalidates warranty ...." stickers on things ?

the engineer codes our version of them - thats all

Hi All, Just nipping back to the 'Wintex' scenario-the data is encrypted via wintex-if you move it to another PC and attempt to open it you get a message asking for the original password used at the time it was saved-and if you aint using a password, tut tut tut.

Richard.

(your already on record as having "fiddled..." with some equipment your boss has got under contract )

I'm site maintenence - my job is to fiddle.

oh lease purchase, I assume your breeching T&C's my messing with it?

And they're probably breaching their contract by being so bloody useless. Reported a camera and keyboard u/s to them today - they said they'll ring back when they get a date to visit site (they're 4 hours away). Bet I don't see them until June.... :angry:

Looking at these posts, it seems you CCTV installers are all the same - very unhelpful to anyone outside your elite. We're not all dumb sods. I can maintain emission monitor lasers, phone systems, site IT network but CCTV? Oh no, that's for the experts... apparently. ;)

Archived