Engineer Manuals  

760 members have voted

1. 1. Engineer Manuals

• Engineer--Provide them if Asked
    • Engineer--Do not provide them at all
    • User--Im happy to leave the serious stuff to the pro`s
    • User--Its my Alarm, I have the right to a manual
    • Un-decided

or conversly pay someone enough to do what you want them to?

why dont you nip round and sort it for him angus??

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For most companies I have worked for its been common practise that if we carry manuals, they must be kept out of sight and taken out on a night just in case somebody was to break into the car and take them to gain an advantage into breaking into a property, I guess the same applies here I believe the fact that people have to apply for trade membership is a good thing simply to stop manuals falling into the wrong hands

Engineer--Provide them if Asked [ 166 ]

Engineer--Do not provide them at all [ 155 ]

User--Im happy to leave the serious stuff to the pro`s [ 13 ]

User--Its my Alarm, I have the right to a manual [ 256 ]

Un-decided [ 10 ]

Of the public members who have voted over 90% believe it's there right to have access to the Engineer's Manual.

Of the Trade members who have voted more are in favour of providing them than those that are agains't the idea. Although it's very close.

Nothing's going to change in respect to this site not supplying Engineer information, but I do find these figures interesting.

Why do the public believe they have the right to them, and why are so many engineers not bothered if they have them.

If this poll were a vote then those in favour would have won.? only 25.83% against.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Of the public members who have voted over 90% believe it's there right to have access to the Engineer's Manual.

Of the Trade members who have voted more are in favour of providing them than those that are agains't the idea. Although it's very close.

Nothing's going to change in respect to this site not supplying Engineer information, but I do find these figures interesting.

Why do the public believe they have the right to them, and why are so many engineers not bothered if they have them.

If this poll were a vote then those in favour would have won.? only 25.83% against.

I would'nt trust those figures too much Dave, regarding the Engineer's side of the poll, given that it is open to anyone to vote on. Especially if some of the public members are thinking that the results of the poll will have an effect on engineering manuals becoming available to the public... perhaps another poll in the trade area would be more appropriate.

Trade Member

I can understand the reasons the public want the Engineer manual, I mean i'd love the Engineer/Service manual for all my mod con's & gadgets but I don't expect them to be supplied to me with my purchases. So why should Alarm system's be regarded differently.? Well I assume because it was (and still is in most cases) that they are supplied WITH there alarm control panel, and the engineer's removed them after install.

I would'nt trust those figures too much Dave,

I don't, some will click on anything just to see the results, but you'd still expect the false voting to even out accross the poll options. I know the way the voting would go if this were a new topic in the Trade area.

I'd expect the site can't give eng books away as (I assume) subject to copywrite

They were at one time available to all. A couple of Manufacturer's objected and they haven't been available to the public since.

I don't mind the manufacturers objecting to me in the way they did at that time but are miffed that they singled out this site when their are many more on the web dishing them out without any consequences at all.

Guest anguscanplay

I`ve had a change of heart

"oh the manual, yeah I threw it in the back of the van....you want it...... er right I`ll go fetch it out then....."

BTW

"your site engineer codes unique, its locked and its on engineer reset for tamper ( as per regs so dont blame me guv.) so the first time you play with it you`ve no longer got a system - night"

no one wants one after that - LOL

Archived