Security Installer Community

topic removed

Guest raj

can someone explain please why my topic was removed?

i had one response erlier and then i posted a reply after that my topic dissapered

It was removed due to you asking a technical question.

We cannot give out technical answers to any equipment in these public forums.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Usually because we don't know the answers.

59963[/snapback]

But sometimes when we would know we don't understand the question.. :whistle:

Am i reading this right now?

If Joe public asks a technical question we just remove his posts now, no answer as to why? Surely (i know thats not your trade name btw), that is the point of the forum, to help Joe P with technical issues with their alarms systems, especially under the heading of DIY installers.

Here we go again..... read all the replies to this type of topic we've all posted in the DIY section, this is one that lumbers on and on, and as quite rightly pointed out we did nt know what the answer is or question.

Although I do have a technical question:

Why doesnt glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Bri

trade.gif

Am i reading this right now?

If Joe public asks a technical question we just remove his posts now, no answer as to why? Surely (i know thats not your trade name btw), that is the point of the forum, to help Joe P with technical issues with their alarms systems, especially under the heading of DIY installers.

59979[/snapback]

Sorry but I am with Ian on this one.

Trade Member

Im getting rather fed up explaining myself lately.

The question asked would have required engineering programming details to answer. We replied in our usual way and normally that would have been that, and the post left for all to see. Except in this instance and getting quite common just recently we had a couple other replies which were less than helpfull and so i deleted the Topic.

I will ask again, that ALL members understand that this section of our Forums is viewable by EVERYONE and not just members, the tone of some replies to posts just recently is not what we want new visitors to this site to be welcomed with.

:realmad:

If you have nothing usefull to add to a topic, then don't bother adding to it.

Ok I am gong to be controversial but,

You can pop to the local electrical wholesalers and by a Texicom, ADE some scanni panels with full engineering instructions.

So why can

Trade Member

You can pop to the local electrical wholesalers and by a Texicom, ADE some scanni panels with full engineering instructions.
Your quite right, but when that person then comes here because he cannot understand the manual should we then run him through it step by step. Also the panel here I think was a Scanny 9651 and fitted by many here as a basic reliable panel, are these sold to the public..?
So why can

Your quite right, but when that person then comes here because he cannot understand the manual should we then run him through it step by step. Also the panel here I think was a Scanny 9651 and fitted by many here as a basic reliable panel, are these sold to the public..?

We do help the public more than just replying with sod off and get it serviced, or call an engineer. But agree that those replies are getting more and more frequent, in fact some here have it as there standard reply to most queries in this public section which is a crying shame.

This topic GSM DIALLER, had to be editted by DNS after a few useless and totally un-helpfull replies, I replied with a few suggestions and the guy was happy with the information I provided, But why weren't we helpfull from the 1st reply..?

60108[/snapback]

First Section - Found some on the net that are sold to the public not just on out faverite site.

Second & Third Section - Agreed Sometimes

Trade Member

Also the panel here I think was a Scanny 9651 and fitted by many here as a basic reliable panel, are these sold to the public..?

60108[/snapback]

None trade can get hold of just about everything it's been that way as long as i can recall.

I've never understood why installers are not required to sign partnership agreements with products makers to be supplied with the gear?

Ok I am gong to be controversial but,

60105[/snapback]

but thats just off the self mine will get menvier & galaxy's next day for you.

None trade can get hold of just about everything it's been that way as long as i can recall.

I've never understood why installers are not required to sign partnership agreements with products makers to be supplied with the gear?

60115[/snapback]

ARITECH anyone buying this kit has an agreement with the company although i have seen second hand kit for sale on ebay. i was equally surprised how easily it is available in other country

Customers!

Ok, things have got a bit mixed up and heated here.

Time to put things into perspective.

All i am trying to do is keep our industry secure and professional.

You have to look at it from the manufacturers point of view, the technical support guys would have something to say im sure about going into technical advice with the public and i would imagine 90% of them would say sorry we only give advice to trade.

Why is it any different on here?

People should be proud of their knowledge and not give advice out that tech support wouldn't.

Im sure those complaining on here about not giving advice to the public would be the first to shout if tech support was doing so.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Ok, things have got a bit mixed up and heated here.

Time to put things into perspective.

All i am trying to do is keep our industry secure and professional.

You have to look at it from the manufacturers point of view, the technical support guys would have something to say im sure about going into technical advice with the public and i would imagine 90% of them would say sorry we only give advice to trade.

Why is it any different on here?

People should be proud of their knowledge and not give advice out that tech support wouldn't.

Im sure those complaining on here about not giving advice to the public would be the first to shout if tech support was doing so.

Paul

60135[/snapback]

The only tech support guys who ever asked who I was were may years ago Castle and ADE, all the rest seam free to give advise to be not knowing who I am, including Galaxy. Some like scanie & ADE use a premium rate number for the public or in the case of ADE, engineers they cant verify.

May be that is why some tech help guys are so unhappy. Too much taking to the public.

Question? When does public become an engineer I consider myself an electrician that is a self taught alarms engineer. (I can hear the boo

Trade Member

Archived