Security Installer Community

Aux/Bell Tamper fault

Guest stevejones

Guest stevejones
3 bells on one system i take it you have a psu.

58136[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay in responding back... Yes I do have a PSU for the bells. I opened the panels and it all came back to me how I wired it up some six years ago...

I have three relays held closed by the tamper returns from each bell.. On tamper the contacts release to break the negative return to the panel....

I have had the tamper return linked out for over a week when it was very hot weather and had no false alarms.... My gut feeling was it's the poor relays who have been energised for around about six years so I made a new module up... For several weeks we had no false alarms... just as I was writing this response to say its got to be the relays the dame thing literally just went off...

Its got to be one of the bells now... I have now linked just one of them out and will try to narrow it down...

I HATE INTERMITTENT FAULTS....

Steve

Its pretty obvious to me its one of the bells, your tamper switches need adajusting would be my best guess. Something is expanding with the heat allowing the switch to open?

Just had another thought, why dont you make your relays latch when a tamper occurs, this will prove which bell it is!

Just had another thought, why dont you make your relays latch when a tamper occurs, this will prove which bell it is!

60159[/snapback]

Or wire them into spare zones and check the logs?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevejones

The latest update:-

I have now ran several more checks including putting one bell direct on the panel... On a hot day I still get a tamper.. The switches are encased in the welded bell unit so its difficult to check them. the voltage readings at the bells are the same as at the panel... I then disconnected the wiring at the bell end and linked the tamper return back to the panel to negative (this link was done at the bell box thus checking the cable over time) and no fault... If all three of these sirens have the same fault that's what I would call bad luck but I suppose it is possible....

Does any of you kind engineers have an //.National Installer.// type siren unit you could sale me so I could eliminate it for good? (I don't need the cover just the metal siren unit)

If so you can contact me off list email@stevejones.org

cheers

Steve

Archived