Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 and DIY installation

Guest Arch

I am thinking of diy fitting a Scantronic 9651 panel. Firstly is this a decent panel and secondly is the installation simple in terms of the wiring guide. I am an aircraft avionic/electrician and have added and moved around sensors in my current house but am moving and thinking of doing a complete installation myself. Routing the wire are not a problem as I am pretty good at going under floorboards and routing cables under upper floor floorboards but am a little concerned about the connections to the various sensors and the bell box.

I am in glasgow. Has anyone heard of a company called SPI security who are located near Glasgow Cross, any reports info on them would be appreciated and/or any info on anyone in the area who is experienced and intersted in a homer with a willing assistant. House will be getting a bit of refurb so carpets etc will all be up and most of the upper rooms will have skiryings removed so hiding cables under floors etc should be a doddle.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Guest canadiak24
I am thinking of diy fitting a Scantronic 9651 panel. Firstly is this a decent panel and secondly is the installation simple in terms of the wiring guide. I am an aircraft avionic/electrician and have added and moved around sensors in my current house but am moving and thinking of doing a complete installation myself. Routing the wire are not a problem as I am pretty good at going under floorboards and routing cables under upper floor floorboards but am a little concerned about the connections to the various sensors and the bell box.

I am in glasgow. Has anyone heard of a company called SPI security who are located near Glasgow Cross, any reports info on them would be appreciated and/or any info on anyone in the area who is experienced and intersted in a homer with a willing assistant. House will be getting a bit of refurb so carpets etc will all be up and most of the upper rooms will have skiryings removed so hiding cables under floors etc should be a doddle.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. ;)

57988[/snapback]

Hello. My experience of scantronic panels is good, i have installed many of them and consider them pretty good! As far as connections go, you should be able to use standard closed circuit wiring, ie, two wires for alarm contacts, two wires for tamper contacts... or you can be ambitious and use fully supervised loop (FSL) wiring, but i wouldn't recommend this unless you are experienced or in the least, are willing to spend some time studying the manual for the 9651 in detail!

If you need any assistance with the installation, just PM me and i'll communicate what i can via email etc...

Thanks for the help I really appreciate this. I should be looking to install the system towards the end of next week so if I run into any probs I will take you up on your offer of advice. Thanks again :yes:

Hi there arch

I am based in Glasgow and are SSAIB approved and have heared of SPI at the Trongate they fit mostly Guartec panels and are NSI silver.

Anyway the 9651 is a good panel and is easy to program.Texecom veritas and R8+ are also good and can be fitted just as easy.

PS where in Glasgow are you?

housty

Houston Security Systems Ltd

Intruder alarms

CCTV

Door entry

Fire protection

Networking

SSAIB Approved

Housty

I am in kirkintilloch. I am going to have a good poke round the house tomorrow and try and make a decision on whether to do it myself or not. Where are you in glasgow.

cheers for the help and info.

Hi guys I have decided to do the install myself and have run most of the cables under the floor and dropped down on the ceiling at the ideal points for the PIR's and just need to run a few cables for the control pad and a vibration sensor.

I have decided to go for the following items

Scantronic 9651 panel and 9930 remote pad

Taurus multi box bell box and dummy box.

zodiac pro pir's

Viper shock sensor

internal sounder

odes this sound like a good combination of items ie any compatability issues, shouldnt think so as one make of detector should be similar in most ways as the next.

cheers

Arch

The optex would have been a better choice of detectors but would have been more expensive, the zodiac pro IMO are a "cheap" detector (cant say prices on here), having said that they seemed popular at one point.

Archived