Security Installer Community

Scantronics 9448 panic alarm

Guest darkmagi666

could also be dodgy keypad,pressing 1 and 3 together causes a panic alarm.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest darkmagi666

Its a 9448 & i think i have traced the fault ( the engineer was no help ) he came back up last night & reset the memory, I told him that i did not think that would solve it as the pa alarm went off if i closed the kitchen door hard ( rubbish walls in my house ) but as the system had been sitting in engineer mode all last night it would not do it when i tried to show him, He went away & told me any probs call him, Sure enough 3 in the am the alarm goes off i set it to engineer mode & go back to sleep,I set the alarm before i went to work & check on it during the day sure enough it had tripped the pa alarm so i opened it up & checked the pcb, every time i tapped the pcb around about the point at the back of the board were the pa wires are looped out the pa alarm goes off so i would think this is a dry joint or a bad connection from the wire point to the pcb.

As im not an engineer i really dont want to to start trying to trace the dry joint & re-solder it so i will try to get a hold of the engineer & get him to sort it.

Will let you know how i get on........ :)

Archived