Security Installer Community

Old Shorrock 1500

magpye

Yes, I know it's old (very,1968) but I still need the user manual, well, page two only, the one showing how to change the user code, or Keycode as Shorrock call it.

It's in section 2.1.3, I've got all the rest but this page got ripped at sometime in the past and I'm missing the top half, too many bits of paper in the same box, and the bit I want has gone!

If anyone has these details I would be very grateful,

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Magpye,

I work for Initial and even I havent got a manual on that thing. I will try and get the info tommorrow for you off some of the old timers.They may be old but there is still a few of them out there. I had the pleasure on sunday after the lightning of trying to prog one (without the manual). cheers

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

PJF, thanks for that.

By the way, I'm one of the 'old timers' been at it for 30yrs+, ask your guys if any remember the Model 88, 89 or 91 Tele-Alarm, SID 27s Seismic Detector or 23p PSU (got the paperwork for these!!!!!)

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I'm not 100% but isn't it code # and then new code???

try it

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

kgilly,

thanks for that, sounds right but, I'd rather know, best to ring the customer with 'do this' rather than 'do this, see if it works', if you see what I mean.

magpye

I am sure it is Code #. It is * to isolate zones..

The 1500 didnt have any programming to it. It was all done via cutting resistors or links on the main PCB. The only thing you can programme via the keypad was the codes.

One of the easier Shorrock panels.

Try doing the 1600 not the KS1600 with out a programming card. Now thats fun.

cheers Kev

i'm gathering you never see a shorrock 72 4 zone panel keyswitch or the one with the solinoid so you can't turn the keyswitch to on while the system is in fault???

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

Magpye,

I havent forgot. Im meeting an engineer at the office tomorrow and he has a reference card that shows how to prog a 1600. He did try to explain over the phone but it seems a bit long winded. I will post tomorrow

cheers PJF

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Well, I'm sorry, could not think of the model number for one of those, know how to fix them though, take the covers off the relays and give them a good blow - if they ever went wrong that is.

Once installed a multicircuit, about 8/10 boxes (100 or so cts.)with great big rotary switches for isolation etc, and two 'pea' bulbs to each circuit.

If I hunt hard enough, I might even have some paperwork if any one needs it for fault finding!!!!! - I bet it would still work today even after 25+ years. how many of todays panels will be working in 25+ years, not many, if any.

magpye

ps

Who renmembers the old Acorn control panels from, I think, Cornwall. Both battery only and a mains version?

I think that Ive heard of the acorn panels, did they come in wooden boxes and only had a key switch on the front.

Some of the old stuff was built to last, apart from not liking surges,lightning etc they seem to last 15+ years no problem. I have spent many a happy couple of hours trying to fix the latter model shorrocks & securicor panels, most of them do tend to come back to life and stay ok.