Security Installer Community

Concept6 Attack

Guest DSUSD

Guest DSUSD

Hi Guys,

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me will read this :)

I have a old concept6 permanetly in attack mode.

Its been power down for a period of time but has a working batter is now powered up and stops alarming when I enter my code.

I have tried remving the power and batter and powering back up but it will not come out of attack.

Can anybody tell me how to get back to day mode?

I a basic manula but it does not cover this situation.

Thanks for any help,

Dsusd.

Have you got a panic button somewhere? Sounds like the button has been pressed and not reset, you'll need a key to do this if this is the case.

Alternatively, it could be that the wiring to the PA terminals has become open circuit or disconnected. Access to the inside of the panel will be required to check for this, where mains voltages are present, and should be left to a professional if you are at all unsure of what to do once inside.

Guest DSUSD

thanks for the quick reply,

Its a new house but I do not believe we have a panic button.

There is no mention of it in the details from the last ownwers.

The alarm stops when I enter my pin so I do thinks a open connection.

I must be triggering the attack somewhere but not sure??

If there is definitely not a panic button installed then it sounds like some physical checks inside the panel are required.

You have tried pressing the reset button, and you are sure that it's in attack and not in some other mode?

Guest DSUSD

I tried to reset from the panel, can I reset from the box?

I tried powering down and removing the batter then powering up but still the same.

mmmm

Check the wiring in the keypad..

I think the PA came off the keypad on the Concept panels :unsure:

If you still can't find the problem, then would recommend calling a alarm company out to check the system for you :yes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

57831[/snapback]

Ah, now I'm with it. I think zone 1 and PA were wired from the RKP IIRC.

Now I've got a picture of the (correct) panel in my head it might be worth getting an engineer out to it with a view to replacing the panel. It is a reasonably oldish panel from the lower end of the market.

It does sound like the PA circuit is physically open circuit, unless the panel is faulty. It could be that the previous owners removed a PA button and just cut the cables off under the floor or somewhere not easily accessible to yourself.

Guest RICHL

57831[/snapback]

Only on the origional 4 zone system.

Now I've got a picture of the (correct) panel in my head it might be worth getting an engineer out to it with a view to replacing the panel. It is a reasonably oldish panel from the lower end of the market.

57846[/snapback]

True Mr Lurch, definately a lower end system and not noted for its long term reliability.

Archived