Security Installer Community

cannot reset tamper??

Guest miger

Guest miger

>>does it have a groove running along the width of the panel

and screws at either end of the groove?>>

No Bellman,it's plain and slightly angled.

i've now put a new battery in and it's still the same-----------tamper light will not reset (and panel alarm doesn't sound when cover removed)

Beginning to think the boards kaput!

:dontgetit:

Guest Peter James

Possibly you have a tamper fault????(Theres a clue in which light is lit) check the global tamper circuit with a multimeter, if its not that then it is likely to be the sas (bell)tamper circuit.

Pete

Guest miger

it's not showing any fault lights from the zone PIR's or contacts to help, just the 'tamper' light ---when i try to do a set , all the zones are normal but the 'fault' light shows.

not sure how to check the global tamper circuit or the bell circuit!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miger

Hi Guys1

Update on this is i gave up on the panel box & bought an Optima Compact G3 panel box

-------------trouble now is, i've fitted it but none of the PIRS are lighting-------any ideas?

the PIRS appear to be wired correctly------i'm not having much success with this !!

Probably because you are not an alarm engineer.

57767[/snapback]

He's right, you think these panels aren't intelligent but they are, they can tell when your not a real engineer and refuse to work. This is proven even more so when a 'mate from down the pub' tries to fix things which usually results in your needing another control panel. :unsure:

Either that or you've most likely blown the fuse which controls the 12volt output to the pir's etc, or possibly wired them in backwards (12volt is now negative and vice versa) check for 12 volt's across the power terminals on your pir's.

Always replace fuses with ones of identical size and rating and if unsure ask a professional to do the job.

egg03064.gif

Archived