Security Installer Community

Drilling through a wall.....

borris

We had a guy try to drill into a cavity from a conservatory fed the cable thought the hole and could not hook it out the other side so drilled another hole. He then discovered he had drilled into the adjoining house twice with a SDS drill, had to stay on site till 8.00pm until the neighbours came home.

Slightly different subject the engineer on question is also going a bit thin on top, on leaving a house with scaffolding round it he catches his head with no hard hat on a scaffold clamp nut poking down ripping back a large section of skin. Need about 20 stitches at the local hospital to hold the flap of skin down.

Trade Member

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest G.J.M
Through the side - or the gassed part?  :blink:

56509[/snapback]

thru the back and into the compartment itself.

When i was am apprentice and helping to fit a security alarm, i drilled into a chimney from the attic(for external bell).The customer said to my boss "he better no be drillin' thru ma feckin' chimney by the way".I stopped drilling filled the hole with caulk and chucked drill dust at it,to make a perfect cover up job.

the geezer never noticed :whistle:

A mate in a wholesalers used to be on install years ago and he once drilled from a bedroom into the bathroom and through the bath!

Not quite as bad, but I once did similar a few years ago drilling at an angle with a 10mm /1M SDS bit in an old house with floor levels all over the place.

It was a struggle & I was pushing on the drill for all it was worth & finally up it went. The drill must have hit something in the cavity, went off the wrong way and came out through the floor in the clients toilet, a few inches away with her sat on the pan at the time :whistle:

I could hear the scream over the noise of the drill :cry:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I know of one member on here, who shall remain nameless to save his blushes. Drilled through a wall in the wrong spot. Big bullet wound etc. He had the house to himself and did not have any polafilla so he used the next best thing. Toothpaste. I was poorless when he told me that one.

cheers Kev

Theres normally someone on here by now saying:- "shouldnt this be in trade" LOL

Luckily all the engineers on the forum are trained professionals ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was drilling through a wall of a tenement for a door entry front panel and hit the scottish power main cable...took out half of the Gorbals when the two four hundred amp fuses at the substation went...cue irate business owners wanting to lynch me as the power was off the whole day ,scottish power had to dig up the street and pavement while I stood around looking sheepish

I drilled a dwarf once on the back seat of a Nissan Cherry, to be fair it wasnt an accident and i never knew i could stoop that low! :whistle:

In my defence i should mention it was in Philadelphia USA where it is seen as fair game AFAIAA!

Archived