Security Installer Community

Detector ID

Guest Pedro

External bellboxes are not allowed in Dutch housing-areas (because of to many false alarms), but if you put a sounder on your wall, nobody does anything against it (so today I put a Elmdene Vertec on the wall). A internal sounder (mostly Aritech AS270/AS271 or a Gardiner Betty) and outside a strobe (or behind the mirror) are the only sounders. Most alarmpanels in Holland are monitored, homesecurity systems are often "connected" to a mobile phone (if monitoring is too much expensive).

Have you ever seen burglar alarms in Germany? Very strange, they don't use many PIR's there (only 1 pir in a large commercial building is "normal" there), but very many door contacts and old-fashioned glassbreakdetectors (yes, the old ones which you have to put on the window). External sounders in Germany are allowed, but you may not put a battery in it, mostly they use ugly metal sounders (FBI-horn in metal housing) with ultra large strobes on it, we had these sounders in the 80's, but the German installers still use them.

54070[/snapback]

Hmm, things seem to be in grassshire (The NL) almost like here in coldshire. Didn't have time to examinate German sicherheit systemes when i visited Essen last year. Noticed ugly bellboxes thou :lol:

p.s. (at least me and bellman like holland very much..)

54173[/snapback]

Like isn't the word, Love would be more appropriate, Great people and good times.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Like isn't the word, Love would be more appropriate, Great people and good times.

Regards

Bellman

54174[/snapback]

All this reminds me of the love-boat that used to be on years ago where everyone was friends at the end of it, real life isnt like that lol B)

All this reminds me of the love-boat that used to be on years ago where everyone was friends at the end of it, real life isnt like that lol  B)

54214[/snapback]

it ain't love-boat that makes us so happy in the NL but the area that starts behind the restaurant that is in the end of Kloveniersburgval in Amsterdam.. That's real life.. :D

it ain't love-boat that makes us so happy in the NL but the area that starts behind the restaurant that is in the end

54355[/snapback]

Surely not the sauna? :ninja:

it ain't love-boat that makes us so happy in the NL but the area that starts behind the restaurant that is in the end of Kloveniersburgval in Amsterdam.. That's real life.. :D

54355[/snapback]

PMSL,

u wanna borrow 40 euros Georg :roflmao:

Regards

Bellman

PMSL,

u wanna borrow 40 euros Georg  :roflmao:

Regards

Bellman

54376[/snapback]

i think 400 wouldn't be enough for one evening.. :roflmao:

(plus "coffee")

i think 400 wouldn't be enough for one evening..  :roflmao:

(plus "coffee")

54380[/snapback]

only 400 !!! early night then Georg :roflmao:

Regards

Bellman

Guest Pedro

This system claims to be wireless. I thought wireles systems were not compatible with each other, but I can not find in the lyntek web site the other parts of the system. They come with a panel and a keyboard which I am sending this time.

Is there a standard on RF sensors?

Or is it possible that they are selling customised PIRs?

post-4476-1116836178.jpg

Guest IM_Alarms

Did you go there hand in hand for a dirty weekend?

Did you sleep together or wasn't there a lot of sleeping going on?

:roflmao:

Did you go there hand in hand for a dirty weekend?

Did you sleep together or wasn't there a lot of sleeping going on?

:roflmao:

54522[/snapback]

Thats not the side of holland I dare say he was speaking about! :whistle:

Have you ever seen burglar alarms in Germany? Very strange, they don't use many PIR's there (only 1 pir in a large commercial building is "normal" there), but very many door contacts and old-fashioned glassbreakdetectors (yes, the old ones which you have to put on the window). External sounders in Germany are allowed, but you may not put a battery in it, mostly they use ugly metal sounders (FBI-horn in metal housing) with ultra large strobes on it, we had these sounders in the 80's, but the German installers still use them.

54070[/snapback]

the worst thing was we have to connect the external sounders with the IY(St)Y-cable using a soldering iron for some reason. Took me sometimes ages especially in the winter time. And they are very heavy. I hatet them.

cheers,

Alex

I use a 120 watt gas iron sometimes outdoors if a wire has come off a tamper switch etc, damn thing still doesnt get hot enough in the cold weather.

Archived