Security Installer Community

Detector ID

Guest Pedro

Guest Pedro

I have found an offer I am considering. I think I have seen this detector before, but I don't recall who the manufacturer is.

Does anybody know what is on the image?

Any experience with it?

Thanks

post-4476-1116577222.jpg

Two words Lynteck Focus

53981[/snapback]

It is indeed Minster Man! - I have ripped a few out IIRC, maplin retail them, so alot of DIY installs will have them.

Well if its Lyntek then an air freshner would probably be more effective as a PIR than that thing :roflmao:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Well if its Lyntek then an air freshner would probably be more effective as a PIR than that thing  :roflmao:

53999[/snapback]

First time and last time I saw one of their products was a 2010 siren in a kit bellbox - nice sirens till they discontinued them and everyone just bought self-contained ready made kit for virtually the same price B)

Ive had people do google searches for companies in a similar maner, nothing showed up so they just typed it in as a www address, and what do you know it worked LOL.

nothing showed up so they just typed it in as a www address, and what do you know it worked LOL.

54048[/snapback]

I usually do that first now, saves a lot of banghead

Guest marcjacobs

thanks for the URL (and the jokes), strange stuff those Lynteck-products, I think Lynteck is only for the do-it-yourself-market, or am I wrong? Never heard of Lynteck in my country, Gardtec (very famous in your country) is also unknown here, 95% of the market in Holland are Aritech-panels en Galaxy-panels.

thanks for the URL (and the jokes), strange stuff those Lynteck-products, I think Lynteck is only for the do-it-yourself-market, or am I wrong? Never heard of Lynteck in my country, Gardtec (very famous in your country) is also unknown here, 95% of the market in Holland are Aritech-panels en Galaxy-panels.

54066[/snapback]

Hi Marc,

Lynteck have been around for many years and make a large range of sounders.

They are sold into all distribution channels so you will find them everywhere from electronic / electrical shops to big industrial wholesalers.

I was over in Amsterdam last week and noticed the large amount of aritech panels, only saw a few Galaxies though.

One thing that did supprise me is the lack of bell boxes, I only saw one in the whole week I was there.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest marcjacobs

External bellboxes are not allowed in Dutch housing-areas (because of to many false alarms), but if you put a sounder on your wall, nobody does anything against it (so today I put a Elmdene Vertec on the wall). A internal sounder (mostly Aritech AS270/AS271 or a Gardiner Betty) and outside a strobe (or behind the mirror) are the only sounders. Most alarmpanels in Holland are monitored, homesecurity systems are often "connected" to a mobile phone (if monitoring is too much expensive).

Have you ever seen burglar alarms in Germany? Very strange, they don't use many PIR's there (only 1 pir in a large commercial building is "normal" there), but very many door contacts and old-fashioned glassbreakdetectors (yes, the old ones which you have to put on the window). External sounders in Germany are allowed, but you may not put a battery in it, mostly they use ugly metal sounders (FBI-horn in metal housing) with ultra large strobes on it, we had these sounders in the 80's, but the German installers still use them.

A bit harsh wasnt it?

Maybe suggest replacing it  ;)

54099[/snapback]

Sorry i will re-phrase that,

Becarful i have had some bad experiences with some of these detectors on a site we took over, ended up replacing them all.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Sorry i will re-phrase that,

Becarful i have had some bad experiences with some of these detectors on a site we took over, ended up replacing them all.

54110[/snapback]

Yeah - thats the kinda thing ;):roflmao:

Hmm no i still prefer Bin it :roflmao:

Mark Hawks

EEEEExxxcellentt

Mark Hawks

Archived