Security Installer Community

Panel Question

Guest dab

Guest dab

I currently have a Pyronix Paragon Super II panel with two remote keypads which I fitted about 8 years ago.

This has worked fine, but I am now considering upgrading due to needing some extra zones.

I have 6 at present, and would need at least 8 - although this would still leave a number of zones with 2/3 detectors in them.

At some time I will probably want to add a phone dialer, and maybe a smoke detector.

I have been considering a Pyronix Stirling 10, as this seems the closest upgrade.

My other option is to go for something more exotic (to me) such as the Pyronix Matrix 832+ or the Texecom Premier 24, both of which can take zone expanders.

Is it better to pay the extra for the more expensive panels and put each detector in it's own zone, or just go for the more basic upgrade - or is there anything more suitable out there?. I am also limited to what is available to non-trade, but I know I can get all of these from Alert electrical.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I wouldnt bother fitting another 8 zone panel. Get a premier 24 and expanders smokes etc, but there is no point doing this if your existing equipment is as old as the hills. Dig deep and go for the full upgrade things have moved on a hell of a lot in 8 years.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Go for the Texecom Premier, the Pyronix panel will do your head in!

Always have movement sensors on a zone of their own or you wont know which one is causing the false alarms shoud you have some.

Texecom Premier mate, you'll like it. good reliable panel with the zones you need and all the programming you'll need. As above its better to have PIRs on seperate zones.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived