Security Installer Community

ADE optima compact manual

Guest rwybrow

I've spoken with the manufacturer, Honeywell, who were most helpful and have told me that I can disable the outside bell, triggering the alarm and so sounding the internal siren. This I can then switch off by inputting the user code and the whole unit goes into tamper mode and is disabled, otherwise the internal siren will continue to sound. If only I wasn't afraid of heights!

Surprised you got an answer at all, let alone such detailed destructions. :whistle:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just phoned them, grovelled because I wasn't a company but a homeowner and said that I realised they didn't speak to people like me but the local company I contacted had suggested I get in touch with them. The chap was very helpful (twice).

It's sorted now. I got a builder friend to call round with his ladders and we snipped the wire, then input the user code. The alarm is now in tamper mode so is disabled. The blue light went out when I reset the unit so it all looks pretty normal. Not the best solution but at least the neighbours can sleep tonight.

Thanks again for the help. You might not see me on here again, but you never know - I might pop back for a look round, if only the joke section I think I saw! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I tried to download the file > Optima_Compact_User.pdf < and any other with similar name from this forum, but I get the same message.

File damaged cannot be repaired, regardless of which file I try to download, am I doing something wrong, it's only a click to download, so probably not.

Help anyone, can you email to me I can supply an email address, which is spam free, as it only get used on forums.

Thanks

Kev.

if the error says "your version of adobe reader cannot be used ti view files in a web browers" it may be you have adobe 8 and the file was written in version 4.

scower the net for adobe 4, install it & try to download the manual again is my advice because this is exactly what just happened to me & it worked.

If the above doesn't work site rules do not allow contact info (such as e-mail) to be posted on the board sorry.

C.

I need the Optima compact Gen 4 engineers manual pdf file.

I tried to download the pdf from this site but it had errors so went to the site below and got the user manual pgf no problem..

http://www.honeywell-security.co.uk/

Then Product

Then control panels,' find the one you want (8EP396A for mine) and download the PDF file.

Hope this link helps someone,

I'll continue try to find my engineers manual, if I do I'll post details on here.

cheers

Kev.

I need the Optima compact Gen 4 engineers manual pdf file.

I tried to download the pdf from this site but it had errors so went to the site below and got the user manual pgf no problem..

http://www.honeywell-security.co.uk/

Then Product

Then control panels,' find the one you want (8EP396A for mine) and download the PDF file.

Hope this link helps someone,

I'll continue try to find my engineers manual, if I do I'll post details on here.

cheers

Kev.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p;f=14&id=8

Don't bother , :realmad:

It's sorted now. I got a builder friend to call round with his ladders and we snipped the wire, then input the user code. The alarm is now in tamper mode so is disabled. The blue light went out when I reset the unit so it all looks pretty normal. Not the best solution but at least the neighbours can sleep tonight.

Just a quick update... The following day when I called round the internal siren bleeped as I entered the house. The panel seemed to have reset itself from tamper mode and allowed me to set the alarm on exiting.

However, when my son returned from holiday he said the internal alarm (inside the control panel by the sounds of it, not the internal siren that can be seen) kept going off. Apparently it isn't too loud (otherwise I expect the neighbours would have called me before my son got back) - and he had the cheek to say it was my fault for having disconnected the external alarm. They've had an engineer out to look at it, but I don't know what they've had done.

• 1 year later...

I moved in to my house where the previous owners did not leave a manual, it is the ade optima compact. I put my code in and was told to press set, however the alarm constantly beeps and does not go silence as expected when eaving the house much to my neighbours annoyance. I have looked at the manuals on here but nothing has worked, what can I do?

Could be a zone open,(broken door contact) or a very long exit time (seen the progged in mins, very easy to do if you're not thinking) Just makes me wonder as you've been told to press set on exit..................... You only need the code, then wait for the exit time to expire.

Hi,

I hot the same secutity system. Suddenly it went off.I switch off the power from mail switch bord.I do not have power in some part of my house. I hot your manual.I on the power then again alarm went off ,I enter the 0123 code to silant it but it did not work.I off the power again.

How can I off the alarm and reset it?

Nihal

Hi,

I hot the same secutity system. Suddenly it went off.I switch off the power from mail switch bord.I do not have power in some part of my house. I hot your manual.I on the power then again alarm went off ,I enter the 0123 code to silant it but it did not work.I off the power again.

How can I off the alarm and reset it?

Nihal

you need the user code tha has been programmed into it, , without this you will not be able to silence the alarm when restoring power to it.

In this forum we won't give out information on how to default your system for obvous reasons, you would be wise to call in an engineer conversant with the Optima, which is a fairly unsophisticated system.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have an ADE optima compact alarm and just recently it stopped working, well when powered up it just activates alarm and does not respond to any codes.

It randomly one day went off and I could not shut it up even with my normal user code. So I had to take the fuse out and also disconnect the bell box wiring outside.

Now I need to have it up and running.

Hope someone can help? Or guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

Seems either your using the wrong code or it has been changed, or evenBreset to the default code user somehow.

We can't give advise in an open forum how to overcome your problem if the code used is incorrect.

Why was the system down powered originally?

My guess is the battery is stone flat, try to restart the panel leaving the battery disconnected, if that works fit a new battery - they last about 4 years on average.

There is a list of installers (not everyone in here is listed on it btw) you could contact one or two who are local, or post your area and see if one will contact you to assist.

Not a free service, so ask the rough price first would be very prudent.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I too just moved somewhere with this alarm system and no manual. I joined the site but when I try to download the PDF it says I do not have permission. Does anybody know why?

I actually worked out how to set it but one of my sensors keeps beeping all the time and I have no idea what is wrong.

Hi

I too just moved somewhere with this alarm system and no manual. I joined the site but when I try to download the PDF it says I do not have permission. Does anybody know why?

I actually worked out how to set it but one of my sensors keeps beeping all the time and I have no idea what is wrong.

iirc very very easy to set a detector to chime accidentally, then it bleeps every time it senses movement even if the alarm is not set.

User mauals are available here or just google 'optima user manual'.

Archived