Security Installer Community

veritas r8 engineer mode

Guest earnie

Guest earnie

I have a veritas r8 with the Led RKP installed in june 1999. I have the engineer code, but when I enter this and press <prog> the unit beeps once and all the zone lights do not come on as per the intstallation and programming manuals. If I subsequently press 00 all lights come on and I can do various tests. Just as per the user code ( which I also have).

what am I missing,

any help appreciated.

Have you got the correct eng/user manuals for your panel?.

Also , are you sure you want to enter engineers programming mode..unless you are really confident , I would steer clear.

Regards.

Guest earnie

I have a installation manual for the veritas R8. Is there a way of making sure the manual and the unit match up? serial no on the circuit board, version number on the manual etc. It had crossed my mind that it may be a mismatch of manual to unit.

Why would you steer clear?

You have an early version of the Veritas , and a later version of the programming/installer manual.The two are completely different.I would steer clear unless you are armed with the correct info , as you could be activating service timers or removing partset zones , just by preessing the wrong buttons.

Guest raz
I have a veritas r8 with the Led RKP installed in june 1999. I have the engineer code, but when I enter this and press <prog> the unit beeps once and all the zone lights do not come on as per the intstallation and programming manuals. If I subsequently press 00 all lights come on and I can do various tests. Just as per the user code ( which I also have).

what am I missing,

any help appreciated.

51247[/snapback]

IF YOU EMAIL www.tex.com they wil email you instruction & installation manuals.

Guest earnie

thanks for the replies, the question still remains how do you match the manual to the unit.

Could anyone supply me with the correct information.

The circuit board has the marking Texacom 1996 D0129-01.01 1899

V8R2044041.

thanks

Archived