Security Installer Community

Veritas all lights on

Guest nowwhatswrong

Guest nowwhatswrong

Hello,

I have a Veritas (probably an R8) alarm, with a Remote Key Pad. I went out (didn't set the alarm) and came home to find there had been a power cut (various clocks around the house were flashing 00:00). The alarm seems to have been upset by this: the external strobe is flashing, and the remote key pad has all its lights lit (8 red zone lights - 1 red tamper light - and 1 green unset light). The system is not responding to any key presses at all - no beeps and no change in the lights. I have tried turning the power off/on again, but the battery just seems to keep the system in the same state.

Any idea of how to get my system out of this state? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

I have a Veritas (probably an R8) alarm, with a Remote Key Pad. I went out (didn't set the alarm) and came home to find there had been a power cut (various clocks around the house were flashing 00:00). The alarm seems to have been upset by this: the external strobe is flashing, and the remote key pad has all its lights lit (8 red zone lights - 1 red tamper light - and 1 green unset light). The system is not responding to any key presses at all - no beeps and no change in the lights. I have tried turning the power off/on again, but the battery just seems to keep the system in the same state.

Any idea of how to get my system out of this state? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

50857[/snapback]

Sounds like a faulty battery, the system will need powered down, then powered back up again..

But would recommend you get check over by a local alarm company.. :yes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Veritas have a bit of a reputation for not liking power surges / spikes. When the power came back on, there was probably a bit of a surge, and it has upset the panel. Usually a simple power-down and power up resolves the problem.

If you are confident to do this, you will need to remove mains power and battery from the panel for a few seconds, then re-apply. The system will go into tamper, but just enter your code to silence, replace the cover and reset.

It is worth having the battery checked too. Remember there are mains voltages present in the panel - if you have any concerns whatsoever - call a professional.

D7

Guest nowwhatswrong

Thanks for your help Deltaseven. I saw another posting agreeing that Veritas sometimes have problems with power cuts. So I pulled the fuse (cutting the power to the panel), opened the panel (it went into tamper but I ignored it), disconnected the negative battery lead from the panel (the outside siren sounded and all the lights on the keypad went out), reconnected the negative battery lead (the outside siren shut up), closed the panel, and entered my code followed by reset (tamper stopped). Alarm seems fine now, and the annoying strobe light on the outside siren has stopped flashing and annoying my neighbours. Hope this helps someone else who has the same problem.

Thanks again. You saved me I dunno how much to call someone out on a bank holiday weekend.

Just to backup the others, battery needs changing. It's a good idea to have the system serviced every 12months, the only thing I would say that is sometimes the whehn the panel is like this and you power it down it might have gone back to factory codes and settings. I've had this happen a few times in the past, even tough the panel have an NVM. Would really suggest getting someone out, it's not going to cost the earth, my next question to you is when was the bell box battery last changed???? This might require replacement as well, if it can be changed at all (some are on circuit board).

If your after someone post your location and I'm sure someone will help you out and give you an idea of their costs etc.

cheers

Tony

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived