Security Installer Community

Failure modes of the Texacom odyssey1

Guest earnie

Guest earnie

Hi,

I have a installed system based on the Texacom veritas 8r and texacom oddysey1 bell box. The other day the bell box began sounding even though the alarm was unset and I was in the house. No amount of resetting would stop the box and it eventually stopped on its own( I thought it may have run out of battery) but it is connected to draw its power from the main unit

I have run through the self tests of the alarm and all is well with the setting and walk through tests. The internal sounder is working.

The sounder unit no longer shows the alternating leds and does not respond to a

a test signal.

I have checked the voltage at the Bell box connectors and It is getting 13v from the Main unit, I also checked that the trigger signal was activating and this is the case.

Does anyone know if this is a common failure, is there anything else I can test or is it just a case of a new box?

Thanks in advance

I would suggest bending the lid tamper switch out slightly then replacing the lid and listening for the click, once for the lid and secondly as you tighten up the screws. If you dont hear a click then one of the switches is not closing properly.

50797[/snapback]

Also the LEDS give you the status of the tamper switches.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Archived