Security Installer Community

Shock Sensor location?

Guest murphaph

Yes thanks Dave. No probs (touch wood) so far. I'm glad it's done and dusted and I feel much more secure. I just want to add a relay for switching on a floodlight to one of the programmable outputs. Then I'm all finished.

52342[/snapback]

Sounds like youve done a proper job, glad its operating correctly.

Dave.

Guest murphaph

cheers lads!

As for feeding mains to a panel with alarm cable-yikes! I had that cables twisted together and sleeved with outer sheath too. All my joints are soldered and heatshrinked now :yes:

I know what you mean. I ripped our old alarm system out a few months back and replaced the lot with decent equipment and cable. The list of dodgy stuff I found is pretty long. Fused spur (located under the floorboards) had a 13 amp fuse in it, AUX fuse linked out, no earth sleeving, multiple detectors on one zone, cables chased into walls with only a thin covering of filler, wires twisted together and insulated with white alarm cable insulation, no tamper, cables run underneath carpets, SAB link not cut, not a single cable clipped anywhere, mains supply to panel run with alarm cables, not a twisted pair in sight, no use of cables ties/general panel untidyness  He works for BT now.

BT will love him, sounds like a top spec install for them.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived