Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Plus problem

Guest Souljim

Guest Souljim

I recently had a problem with my alarm system (Veritas R8 Plus) after a bulb blew and tripped the fuse. On resetting the fuse I noticed zone 1 was lit on the keypad and the keypad itself was completely dead (the bellbox light was also flashing but no alarm sounding).

I've since managed to get the keypad working zone 1 is no longer lit and the light on the bellbox is no longer flashing. In the process though I've activated the tamper so cannot now set the alarm.

The original installer is unfortunately not welcome after upsetting my wife on an earlier late night visit when we had a problem so I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Souljim

I recently had a problem with my alarm system (Veritas R8 Plus) after a bulb blew and tripped the fuse. On resetting the fuse I noticed zone 1 was lit on the keypad and the keypad itself was completely dead (the bellbox light was also flashing but no alarm sounding).

I've since managed to get the keypad working zone 1 is no longer lit and the light on the bellbox is no longer flashing. In the process though I've activated the tamper so cannot now set the alarm.

The original installer is unfortunately not welcome after upsetting my wife on an earlier late night visit when we had a problem so I'm not sure what to do. 

Any advice would be very welcome.

Souljim

50491[/snapback]

Sounds like another panel with a battery problem :smash:

As DNS Says

Post your location, someone nearer to you may be able to help.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Souljim
Sounds like another panel with a battery problem :smash:

As DNS Says

50496[/snapback]

I live In Hull. Checked battery which seems fine. I'm guessing the system needs resetting and can only be done if I have the original engineers code.

I live In Hull. Checked battery which seems fine. I'm guessing the system needs resetting and can only be done if I have the original engineers code.

50505[/snapback]

Hi Mate

you probably wont get a hold of the engineer code from the installer.Best bet is to ask someone to come and have a look at it

housty

Houston Security Systems Ltd

Intruder alarms

CCTV

Door entry

Fire protection

Networking

SSAIB Approved

Guest Souljim
How did you check the batt Souljim?

50534[/snapback]

My brother checked the battery. He's a NICI registered electrician so I assume he knows what he's doing?

My brother checked the battery. He's a NICI registered electrician so I assume he knows what he's doing?

50648[/snapback]

Not neccesarily......

Your best bet would be to get an engineer out to it as it could be several things. A decent service never goes amiss anyway.

Archived