Security Installer Community

DEOL Resistors?

Guest mpkayeuk

Guest mpkayeuk

Hi,

I have just had the house wired for an alarm (all 8 core alarm cable) while getting a load of other wiring sorted. The panel supports DOEL tamper detection. I know this has something to do with fitting resistors somewhere :) Can someone explain how this works or point me in the direction of something on t'interweb that explains it :)

Finally, I have 8 core wiring to all windows and external doors plus PIRs in every room... Should I be fitting vibration or contacts to the windows or both? I assume 8 cores is more than enough for 2 detectors both on one wire.

Also, we have two cats and might be getting a medium-large sized dog. They will all roam the house unfortunately which makes PIRs a problem, although I still want to fit PIRs. What are the best pet sensitive PIRs available at the moment?

All help very gratefully received :)

cheers,

M

What panel are you using ?

I wouldnt worry too much about the vibs VS contacts bit you should be ok with the medium sized dog.

I personally use bosch ds 840s for pet imunity but these can be a bit of a pain to get hold of for the diyer. So go with something like the rokonet cosmos pidt from

HERE

Hope this helps.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Guest mpkayeuk
What panel are you using ?

It's a Comfort (http://www.home-control.co.uk/). I have a pretty fancy lighting install (Clipsal C-BUS) and want to be able to use the PIRs for basic occupancy detection (of humans, but not pets). Also, with this panel, I can flash every light in the house, or even a sequence of lights to imitate someone going to investigate should an external PIR be triggered :D That would make any burgler a bit wary I would think. Anything unexpected these days is a good thing IMO.

cheers,

M

Guest mpkayeuk
I personally use bosch ds 840s for pet imunity but these can be a bit of a pain to get hold of for the diyer.

Actually, been looking at the Bosch stuff. Does anyone have any experience of the Blue Line D1-P? I assume it uses the same tech as the DS840. It looks a little nicer for a domestic install.

How do I go about getting this stuff? I do own a company I can buy through if it must be trade-trade but do I need to be affiliated to some trade body or such?

cheers,

M

No need to be with a trade body , if you set up a trade account with gsl you should be able to get hold of everything you need.

I have tried the blue line stuff and i still prefer the 840s and im sure a few other installers on here do as well.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Guest aechlin

Wiring (8 core) to every window, and a PIR in every room assuming you have a 3 bed house? Surely thats a little excessive - your panel is going to look like a BT street junction box by the time youve finished :w00t:

Guest RICHL
Wiring (8 core) to every window, and a PIR in every room assuming you have a 3 bed house? Surely thats a little excessive - your panel is going to look like a BT street junction box by the time youve finished  :w00t:

50439[/snapback]

not at all, think of the spares :yes:

Dont mean to be a stick in the mud, but no pet "imune" detector can properly cope with muliple animals!

door contacts work well, as would vibration detectors (albeit on an extremely low setting)

If you insist on using pir's then you will have to mask off the lower section to about 1.2m above the floor.

Neither vibros or masked pir's are fool proof...

You cant use break glass detectors as they can be set off by a dog's bark...

depending on your panel or wether you can rig us some relays or electronics to effectively make an "and" gate and put 2 pir's in adjacent corners, again not fool proof....

alternatively if you can prevent the asnimals from getting close to the windows then put in curatin type pirs to cover the windows and doors

This is an age old problem... good luck!

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

...depending on your panel or wether you can rig us some relays or electronics to effectively make an "and" gate and put 2 pir's in adjacent corners, again not fool proof....

50452[/snapback]

Surely wiring the PIR's in parallel would do the trick (instead of and AND gate).

Trade Member

Archived