Security Installer Community

Advice on detector

Guest Pedro

Guest Pedro

Well, the idea is to cover as much surface as possible of a large filed. I am concerned with sunlight, but also with trees moving with the wind.

There are already IR beams in the perimeter, but I am trying to trigger recording and movement of a couple of video cameras. I had thought deploying some outdoors PIR detectors through the field so that when triggered switch a motor in the base of the cameras to make them look in the right direction.

What do you think about it?

The Redwalls would do that but the tree's maybe a problem and range might be a problem, if your already using IR Beams then your only next step is buried cable detection device which mega expensive.

I would stick with the beams and maybe add some more at odd angles!

Well, as Ian says, Redwall are probably your best option.

Redwalls are pretty good at coping with some movement of trees. If they are only round the perimeter, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I would suggest improvising some kind of shade for them though.

If you don't know......ask.

I need a detector capable of working outdoor, in a place with very high temperatures in summer and surrounded by tress and bushes.

I had first thought about PIRs, but now I am doubting.

Is it possible to find such a detector?

50398[/snapback]

What are you trying to protect? perhaps if we knew that, then there might be an alternative route that you can take.

Guest Pedro
What are you trying to protect? perhaps if we knew that, then there might be an alternative route that you can take.

50855[/snapback]

It is a large backyard. It is already protected by a perimeter alarm, and my system will be just to automatically turn CCTV cameras and switch on some floodlights when needed.

Some false activations from time to time will not be an issue, as they will not trigger an alarm, but only make the cameras look in the right direction. I was more worried about environmental protection.

I am waiting for a quote from redwall, and probably will decide by the price.

It is a large backyard. It is already protected by a perimeter alarm, and my system will be just to automatically turn CCTV cameras and switch on some floodlights when needed.

Some false activations from time to time will not be an issue, as they will not trigger an alarm, but only make the cameras look in the right direction. I was more worried about environmental protection.

I am waiting for a quote from redwall, and probably will decide by the price.

51508[/snapback]

I still think Redwalls will do the job, they aint cheap mind ! :whistle:

Guest RICHL
Quoted for agreement

51523[/snapback]

Agreed.

Note that the latest models have temperature compensation aswell so they should have no trouble in Pedros back yard.

GJD Elite, a lot cheaper than Redwalls

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived