Security Installer Community

Redcare signalling kit

Ken G

Guest RICHL
Have a partnership deal already set up with an NSI approved co., with an ARC.

50246[/snapback]

So you have some sites who have redcare with a alarm company, and now you have a partnership with another alarm company to provide the same service?

Unless these sites are currently being overcharged, how are you planning to undercut the current provider - seems to me that your way may cost more, and the sites will loose any URNs they currently have.

So you have some sites who have redcare with a alarm company, and now you have a partnership with another alarm company to provide the same service?

Unless these sites are currently being overcharged, how are you planning to undercut the current provider - seems to me that your way may cost more, and the sites will loose any URNsĀ  they currently have.

50258[/snapback]

My research shows we can make a huge saving! Won't go into details here, but the costs certainly make the project feasible. The URN's can be transferred. The one sticking point is the BT end of the hardware. banghead

Guest RICHL

The URNs can be transfered to your new NSI buddy, but not to you or your company, and this is my point, your chain will have one more link in than the other one, so more people taking a cut.

As i said earlier, unless the existing provider is uncompetitve then its hard to see how you can provide the same for less.

I would suggest that you go down the GSM route instead of banging your head against a wall!

All i can say is good luck, dealing with BT with minor issues is a complete nightmare at the best of times, trying to broach this sort of project to them will no doubt require the patience of a saint.

50330[/snapback]

A very good point, however i wish you mucho luck in this venture, its a good spot for a gap in the mkt as they say.

Thanks for all the advice and comments, but I'm still not much closer to my solution. Let me try and explain myself again.

I have a group of clients currently using Redcare, and not happy. I have a deal with an ARC for very low cost monitoring. I control the phone lines to all of the clients. The insurance companies don't want to look at other options, so a direct facsimile of Redcare is the only way forward. I know where I can get STU's for the client end of the system, I am trying to find what the hardware is at the other end of the line, and where I can get this.

Thanks again for all your help

Ken

Guest RICHL

the STUs will already be fitted and would stay in (unless the current alarm company ownes them), but the other end is all BT who then pass the signals onto an ARC

Have a look at the redcare web site, there is a demo on there which explains how it all works.

Set up in competition is exactly what I intend to do! My clients are sick and tired of paying through the nose for a not fantastic service that's been forced upon them by their insurance companies. Having looked into it in some detail I am convinced that the only thing that the insurance companies are going to accept instead of Redcare GSM is an exact copy of Redcare GSM, preferably with some added features. I have everything in place to do this except for the hardware. I understand that the STU's are available fairly easily, but what about the other end?

50225[/snapback]

your gonna set up in competition with bt and you dont even understand how it works... theres one born everyday... :blink:

Guest IM_Alarms
I have everything in place to do this except for the hardware. I understand that the STU's are available fairly easily, but what about the other end?

Everything in place? Except the hardware? What exactly do you have in place other than an idea then? Sound like you own the intranet and just fancy a slice of Redcare's action. But you would need serious cash to copy there server end equipment. Even if you obtained a Redcare server and installed it onto your system, then ran sercure, parallel, lines to 'your' ARC. How many systems would you be able to conect to it?.................. and still do it on the cheap :roflmao:

Let me try and explain myself again.

I have a group of clients currently using Redcare, and not happy. I have a deal with an ARC for very low cost monitoring. I control the phone lines to all of the clients. The insurance companies don't want to look at other options, so a direct facsimile of Redcare is the only way forward. I know where I can get STU's for the client end of the system, I am trying to find what the hardware is at the other end of the line, and where I can get this.

50401[/snapback]

Ken what i don

Customers!

Archived