Security Installer Community

Redcare signalling kit

Ken G

Redcare CANNOT be copied, thats the whole idea of it being secure comms.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I think Ken G is the fence guy and is a self confessed non tech, so I wouldnt take too much notice of the phraseology

49822[/snapback]

So, Ken what DO you mean?

The question as phrased doesn't make sense as Redcare is a very specific and highly secure SERVICE that happens to also use some interesting technology. I can't imagine you're planning to set up in competition.

What are you trying/hoping to do? ;)

Perhaps Greencare or Yellowcare is on the way :roflmao:

49835[/snapback]

Yellowcare???

Why does that remind me of nappy changing :unsure:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Strange post,

Excellent, thanks a million. Fear I may open Pandora's box here, but if it's that easy why isn't everybody doing it?

Regards

Ken

only approved installers are allowed to conect Redcare for Police call.

What is a Redcare Kit, STU (subsrciber terminal unit) PROM (chip programmed with the input start configuration) and a BT line is that what is meant ?

and dont forget it needs power to work.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I think Ken G is the fence guy and is a self confessed non tech, so I wouldnt take too much notice of the phraseology

49822[/snapback]

ken seems to talking out of his "posthole"

Guest IM_Alarms

Surely they wouldn't run the risk of installers turning their back on them to retaliate against an obvious move to damage OUR industry? :smash:

Surely they wouldn't run the risk of installers turning their back on them to retaliate against an obvious move to damage OUR industry? :smash:

49947[/snapback]

Redcare dont give tuppence for installers. I quote Rich post above
ARCs are only supposed to sell Redcare connections to approved installers, Redcare is also expensive for what it is, and what tends to happen is that end users only buy it if their insurer tells them they have to have it.
Redcare is on OLD piece of outdated rubish that we have to instal because insurers make us.

Jef

Customers!

Guest IM_Alarms

What make you think it's outdated then. I can't see many competitors waving their flags and showing us better products. But then then i'm too busy to be looking :whistle:

What make you think it's outdated then. I can't see many competitors waving their flags and showing us better products. But then then i'm too busy to be looking :whistle:

49993[/snapback]

Thanks for the invitation!

A product that reports a Channel 3 and sends a customer out (without backup) to god knows what?

A product that reports a line fail and sends a customer out (without backup) to god knows what?

Would you buy this if you had a choice? No didn

Customers!

Guest IM_Alarms

I dont get it? Surely you cant suggest that Redcare is out of date because of ACPO :police: verification needs, that doesn't make sense. I was expecting something along the lines of ..............

Company A make a piece of kit which is X times faster, X times smaller, half the price and has these better features........... :smash:

Redcare is on OLD piece of outdated rubish that we have to instal because insurers make us.

Jef

49988[/snapback]

its updated abc ? (alarms by carrier)

Redcare did do SIA and Point ID on the Redcare Serial STU (256 Channels), but know body used it due to the price and the only panel it worked on properly was Airitech which most installers dont like, so it got scrapped.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

So, Ken what DO you mean?

The question as phrased doesn't make sense as Redcare is a very specific and highly secure SERVICE that happens to also use some interesting technology. I can't imagine you're planning to set up in competition.

What are you trying/hoping to do?  ;)

49834[/snapback]

Set up in competition is exactly what I intend to do! My clients are sick and tired of paying through the nose for a not fantastic service that's been forced upon them by their insurance companies. Having looked into it in some detail I am convinced that the only thing that the insurance companies are going to accept instead of Redcare GSM is an exact copy of Redcare GSM, preferably with some added features. I have everything in place to do this except for the hardware. I understand that the STU's are available fairly easily, but what about the other end?

I hope you've got a serious amont of cash available because first of all you have got to set up an ARC and get NSI approved

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I hope you've got a serious amont of cash available because first of all you have got to set up an ARC and get NSI approved

50241[/snapback]

Have a partnership deal already set up with an NSI approved co., with an ARC.

Guest RICHL
Have a partnership deal already set up with an NSI approved co., with an ARC.

50246[/snapback]

So you have some sites who have redcare with a alarm company, and now you have a partnership with another alarm company to provide the same service?

Unless these sites are currently being overcharged, how are you planning to undercut the current provider - seems to me that your way may cost more, and the sites will loose any URNs they currently have.

So you have some sites who have redcare with a alarm company, and now you have a partnership with another alarm company to provide the same service?

Unless these sites are currently being overcharged, how are you planning to undercut the current provider - seems to me that your way may cost more, and the sites will loose any URNs  they currently have.

50258[/snapback]

My research shows we can make a huge saving! Won't go into details here, but the costs certainly make the project feasible. The URN's can be transferred. The one sticking point is the BT end of the hardware. banghead

Guest RICHL

The URNs can be transfered to your new NSI buddy, but not to you or your company, and this is my point, your chain will have one more link in than the other one, so more people taking a cut.

As i said earlier, unless the existing provider is uncompetitve then its hard to see how you can provide the same for less.

I would suggest that you go down the GSM route instead of banging your head against a wall!

All i can say is good luck, dealing with BT with minor issues is a complete nightmare at the best of times, trying to broach this sort of project to them will no doubt require the patience of a saint.

50330[/snapback]

A very good point, however i wish you mucho luck in this venture, its a good spot for a gap in the mkt as they say.

Archived