Security Installer Community

Galaxy 8 - a few questions

Guest SoulessEye

Guest SoulessEye

Hi everyone, once again thanks for your input.

I understand your concerns here, I'm in I.T and the amount of work that's being off-shored is frightening, some of the code that comes back is very good quality but some is abysmal especially when it is to be used in validated systems.

I had the Galaxy 8 panel lying around anyway (donated from a relly) and thought it would be a waste to not use it - particularly since it has such a good reputation.

Thanks for the advice given, I'll persevere and hopefully the Odyssey manual will explain how to connect it to the panel.

cheers

Dave

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the advice given, I'll persevere and hopefully the Odyssey manual will explain how to connect it to the panel.

If it does not, someone here will be happy to go through the connections & programming with you ;)

Regards Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

i,ve checked the manual - there are 5 connections a b c d s which are all itemised in the manual. with your hopefully gained knowledge from working on the test bed you should have no problem finding the right combination.

ps i found the manual by doing a search for texecom oddysey sounders in google and it wasnt in any protected places so i arnt given any info that can,t be found by joe public

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest SoulessEye

Hi Paul, thanks for that. I managed to d/l the pdf manuals for the Odyssey range, as you say they're available online as are the Galaxy manuals.

Panel

Set

Intruder

Bell

Strobe

Bell

A (12v)

B (Bell)

C (Tamp)

D (0v)

S (Strb)

Probably try:

Bell Panel

A (12v) +ve

B (Bell) Bell

C (Tamp) No Idea :)

D (0v) -ve

S (Strb) Strobe

Hopefully I wont blow it up :)

cheers

Dave

i,ve checked the manual - there are 5 connections a b c d s which are all itemised in the manual. with your hopefully gained knowledge from working on the test bed you should have no problem finding the right combination.

ps i found the manual by doing a search for texecom oddysey sounders in google and it wasnt in any protected places so i arnt given any info that can,t be found by joe public

paul

49041[/snapback]

if you read the manual in more depth it tells you about the tamp and what /where to connect. depending on how you have been testing the galaxy it should be self obvious where it goes

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest SoulessEye

Doh, not reading the manual properly, -ve tamper return.

Ta

Dave

if you read the manual in more depth it tells you about the tamp and what /where to connect. depending on how you have been testing the galaxy it should be self obvious where it goes

paul

49084[/snapback]

as i am sure you know by now the tamper return is the signal the sab (BELL) sends to the c/u unit - usually a negative.

if the negative is lost the alarm will indicate bell tamper

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

Archived