Security Installer Community

Veritas 8+remote keypads

ADEMCO

Hi, I have purchased a Veritas 8 alarm control panel to replace the existing A1 panel in my house. I got two ADEMCO 6128 remote keypads and fitted them to the system. They dont work and I was wandering if they were compatable with this new panel or not.

Hi, I have purchased a Veritas 8 alarm control panel to replace the existing A1 panel in my house.  I got two ADEMCO 6128 remote keypads and fitted them to the system. They dont work and I was wandering if they were compatable with this new panel or not.

45766[/snapback]

NO because the panel is made by Texecom and the the keypads are by Honeywell(ADEMCO)

Can any one help? I can't play my Video cassettes in my dvd player, I load them on to the tray but it keeps jamming up??? :whistle:

Chubb Service Engineer

Do we have to take the Piss out of everyone that asks for help on these forums, yes this may have been a windup.

But the childish behaviour of some of the members is now beginning to be tiresome, its about time you all read the forum rules again.

Maybe the moderators should start giving more warnings out!

Rember what the forums are here for chaps.

Do we have to take the Piss out of everyone that asks for help on these forums, yes this may have been a windup.

But the childish behaviour of some of the members is now beginning to be tiresome, its about time you all read the forum rules again.

Maybe the moderators should start giving more warnings out!

Rember what the forums are here for chaps.

45829[/snapback]

Sorry alarmgard, Was just putting a pun in, no disrespect intended to anyone!! :no:

Chubb Service Engineer

Oh change the record, a bit of banter never hurt anyone, it'll be a sad day when this forum is purely the domain of people with no sense of humour.

45837[/snapback]

Its okay occaisionally with people you know, but when the public who are looking for help get the piss taken out of them continually, then it is no longer funny.

Monteey you are one of the biggest cuplrits and to be honest your responce doesn't suprise me.

We all have a sense of humour and just because we dont all participate in your juvenile behavior every time doesn't mean to say we haven't.

You also have to consider what message this behaviour sends to your prospective customers.

Sorry Montey, but I have to agree with Colin.

Fine have a joke around with any members who you know, they likely expect it from you and wont be offended or put off in the future, but this was this members 1st post so not knowing any members and looking at these replies he probably wont bother asking for help/advise here again.

I would appreciate it if ALL members regarded any post from new members as serious queries, and would hope you`d reply as if you were advising potential customers.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Monteey, on this occasion you were not, but you were the one who questioned the my post which was made in general terms and as this post a good example that is why I choose to make the point here.

Colin.

Hi there,

I have a Veritas RKP that you can have for the cost of postage (£4 or so?) if you want it. It looks almost new and I'll test it before I send it to ya. The connections are simple, like-for-like (ie 12+ in the panel to 12+ in the Keypad)

Trade Member

Should this topic be moved to the members area so people dont see us having a go at one another.

But although this has got to be one of the daftest question going iam not surprised about the response, but it could be genuine, like why cant i recieve sky sports on my tv, is my toaster not big enough to pick up the signals ? :roflmao:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Theres no need to move it as its serves two purposes.

1. It shows that uneccessary piss taking in the forums will not be tolerated, against new members.

2. That new members are welcome and the site Admins/moderators will act when it occurs.

There is the "just larking about forum" for all the jokes and nonsense, when existing members are having a bit of banter among themselves then of course we will be a lot more tolerant, but when it comes to a new member posting for help, then it is an entirley different matter.

I would point out that the admins/moderators have a facillity to view IP's, we know when an existing member is using a differnet connection to post, or using two names etc.

In future the Admins/mods will delete all uneccessary piss taking and leave a comment as to why it was done. Persistant offenders will be warned.

The forums have to welcomming regardless of the level of competance of the member.

Nova, we all started with very little knowledge, and if the guy bought the kit of Ebay there is a good chance the seller told him that they would work.

Colin.

Archived