Security Installer Community

veritas r8 plus

Guest afee12345

Guest afee12345

i have a r8 plus system and want to remove the bell box and just have the alarm system running and connected to a dialler, so when a intruder has trigeed the system it dials out to the programed numbers. is this possible??

at the moment the neg wire from the bell is trigiring the dialler to dial (turns to postive when ringing)but want to directly wire the dialler to the control panel and completly remove the bell pleeeeze help!!!

Guest afee12345

i managed to find the solution to the problem but it seems to cost a a fortune, for an installer to cary out this job. can any one tell how i can wire just the dialler to the r8 plus panel any diagrams will help????

thanks in advance

Guest afee12345
Why dont you just disconnect the bell if the dialler is already connected and working?

And how much have you been quoted anyway?

Although its an easy one, I think you find that most installers would not want to touch this job.

45918[/snapback]

THANKS RICHL

removing bell, retesting and servicing around £50

its dificult to pay that, just managed to buy the house and streching every pound long way to decorate the place. most jobs are DIY and just need a diagram of the cables where they need to go on the panel from the dialler. any info will help THANKS

removing bell, retesting and servicing around £50

45998[/snapback]

I'd probably charge more than that for the service, but sort out the dialler for free. Think you've found yourself a good price there, and a service is always recommended.

Archived