Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 removal

Guest Jaarus

Guest Jaarus

Hello all,

Let me start off by saying I now absolutely NOTHING about alrm systems but I am having to learn fast as our alarm which was here when we moved in keeps going off by itself....

No bells ringing outside, just a small box which sounds like it has a tiny pneumatic drill inside it near the inside of the front door......and it is really REALLY annoying!

I know the cause of the alarms fault...its water :(

The alarm controll panel is situated below the bathroom and occasionally a small amount of water comes down the wall and into the control panel...the alarm either shorts or I suspect assumes someone is trying to tamper withit and off it goes with its pleasant DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDR....untill it dries out

I will sort the leak at some point - but for now I just want this bloody alarm to shut up!

How can I turn it off?

I located the main panel it an airing cupboard but no simple disconnect buttong/switch....I knew I wasnt going to be that lucky!

PLLLLLLlease help me - I am going insane! - it must be simple enough if these are sold as home install kits??

Oh and I would get someone out BUT we really cant afford for a professional to be called at the moment :cry:

Archived