Security Installer Community

In the trade

whistle

left school in 92 done me sparky apprentiship and then a further 2 years sparkying moved to new area and got job with national out of The Sun,(looking for electricians to become security engineers) , done 5yrs on and off and worked through the ranks but couldnt get much further so started on me own just over a year ago .

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only started in this game june 96 (I Think), was installing on my own after the 1st week.

Lying bugger you were with Cliff!! And I commissioned them all in those days.

I started in 1990, having done some as foreigner type installs before hand.

Employed Dave (Service Engineer) and aren

Big Jig.

Trade Member

Quality Manager

Direct Security Systems (Midlands) Limited

NSI Gold.

Good engineers always ask questions!!

12 Yrs. First System installed in 93. Started dablling between shifts when working for NWBank and it went on from there really doing family, friends, colleagues etc.

Fitted a couple of hundred by the time I left the Bank and been at it full time since 2002. Went to work for a National for a short period but stuck it two months and realised that commercial wasn''t the mystery I thought it may have been. (Wasn't happy ripping people off either). Once you've been your own boss, I think it stays that way !

Mainly do all my own installs & servicing (keeps it personal) - mainly domestic and small commercials & a couple of nationals Co's, Have a support network from other local installers in the same boat and pull in a few subby's when I need to for larger jobs. Enjoy the job, depsite the hours but loathe the paperwork.

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Started as apprentice in '94 with a local firm doing install and service,was out on my own after 3 months, left end of '96 to go to regional company doing install, ran security install/service contract on a well known helicopter manufacturer for 2.5 years before going to another regional doing install, now on fourth company, small just got NSI Gold firm doing install.

I think by now you probably get the idea i prefer install  :whistle:

2004-present Official Texecom Premier advocator/defender on The Security Installer  :P

44406[/snapback]

Hi - we moved off Galaxy to Prem range - I agree very good product - can you comment on the ID Exp

Creative

We dont use iD so couldnt tell you exactly what the Texecom iD expander is like, but i would think its probably up to their usual standard of quality very good

44530[/snapback]

Taking over 2 ultimate system 1 is 28 zone the other 18 - planning to use Prem 48 with ID - will let you know how we get on.

Creative

started as apprentice spark in 87 then the next 10 years installing marine controls on royal navy ships(some commercial shipping too)for racal-decca too much travelling to plymouth and portsmouth so started for modern and the rest is history as they say :cry: **** money in alarms tho(was pulling 21k in 92) but still a good job...and no more b&b's :P tho southsea is a great place,plymouth!!!!!!!too many prossies :w00t: no i dont want a blowjob for£10.....not after a 15 hour day :blink:

Archived