Security Installer Community

In the trade

whistle

Was just wondering how long some of us have been in the industry and doing what?

I did 5 years of install of intruder mostly domestic banghead then the 9 years on service of intruder, fire, cctv and access and the last 2 1/2 years on intruder only service as senior engineer at a large national. How about you lot ??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just wondering how long some of us have been in the industry and doing  what?

I did 5 years of install of intruder mostly dometic banghead  then the 9 years on service of intruder, fire, cctv and access and the last 2 1/2 years on intruder only service as senior engineer at a large national. How about you lot ??

44308[/snapback]

2 years install on intruder, about 4 years service on intruder and fire, last 2 years of which purely fire then the last 12 months or so commissioning engineer for national

I started off for a small firm in 96 and moved to a local rival after being poached for more money. Stayed there on install and service across all faiths until 2002 when my boss chucked in the towel to retire. He had no next of kin and wanted the nice life in Spain so sold up to my current employer. There for the last 2.5 years I'm their CCTV manager albeit I do callout duty for the extra dosh and it keeps my alarm skills current.

ACE.gif

done 2 years electrical apprenticeship (laid off by employer) then factory maintainance and started this game jan 2004 i work on all aspects of intruder, cctv and door access

still got a lot to learn but thats where you guys come in ;)

1992 started in Electronics servicing, and ended up servicing TL VCR's for the company I then went to work for doing CCTV from 94, Did 6 years there and another few years for a large international co, mainly involved with CCTV though.

I started doing alarms about 4 years ago when I was a sparky, (sorry), mainly domestic.

I've started doing more in the last 12 months and am now moving away from electrical a bit.

Only started in this game june 96 (I Think), was installing on my own after the 1st week. Mainly Intruder the first few years with some cctv & fire thrown in. That company was bought out in 1998 and I was then mainly just servicing, building Police cell call & attack panels, electrical property maintenance, and access control. I`ve done a bit of everything really. Started this site 23-December 02 and have been learning everyday since.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived