Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax - Any good ?

Guest touc

Ok, Brian. You got something with better analogy?

creative:

Do you know what is Signal / Noise ratio and why is it so important?

44546[/snapback]

As in ANY installation planning / site survey are very important, using the right tool, "noise/interference" can be located quite accuratley - this will give you a good guide - certain sites where they have wireless net working DT's have known to false alarm - its all in the planning - at least it gives you a chance. I don't want to affend or upset any members. I thought this forum was to discuss and debate views and thoughts of other members, but what I see, is a closed shop for the few where smart answers and put downs are in, if the veiw given is not to there liking, when I join I thought the posting would be interesting and not who could make the stupidist remark.

Creative

:roflmao:

Tell me about "put down's"...

maybe searching with words "UK type alarm cable" could give you an idea of real :debate: :lol:

It is not allways possible that few thousand members who all have their own opinions are all correct. Sometimes we (even me LOL) need some correction in our view's. We all do not have the same experience and everyday we learn something new.

IF I were you, I would try to understand why we are saying that wireless IS ****.

The bar scene was to make an example of Signal / Noise Ratio.

Practical example is Cobra car alarm Remote Controller AND DSC wirelees equipment. DSC won't make false alarm of the Cobra Remote Controller signal (since DSC uses ID's in detectors), it WILL detect that there is jamming signal and report that precisely to ARC and display it on the keypad, but how are you going to remove the jamming signal? Since you definitely can't wake up everybody within 100m and you definitely do not have proper equipment to trace it, are you going to install a wired system then in the middle of the night? I would bet that you'll do it later. NOW intruder HAS disabled your alarm system.

Do you now understand why I say wireless is useless. It is **** regardless the brand, make or model since it uses radio frequencies that are known.

Only if you use aimed antennas ( i bet someone knows proper term..) etc. it is possible to make system that is reliable, but in such case wired system will be quite cheap when compared with..

aimed antennas ( i bet someone knows proper term..)

44583[/snapback]

Directional antennae. ;)

Georg, I could quite happily agree with the rest of your post today!

Directional antennae. ;)

Georg, I could quite happily agree with the rest of your post today!

44619[/snapback]

thanks Lurch..

what a day :w00t: ?

edit: and btw someone just started to ask about the cables so following that _might_ (because we have :boxing: that already) give you a good example of pal's putting me down.. :lol:

Archived