Security Installer Community

Stopping Strobe Flashing

Guest speedyc

Guest speedyc
You have had the system since new?

Yes but new was 13 years ago... They installed it, serviced it (while I was having it serviced) and I opened it - for possibly the first time - last week.

I guess, like many people, I nievely assumed they because that had the bit of paper it'd all be up to scratch. I never looked into what "nacoss certified" as the information, via places such as this forum, wasn't so readily available.

That said it has worked pretty much faultlessly for nigh on 13 years so I've certainly got my money's worth :)

I appreciate the alarm I've installed is "budget" at best - having discussed it at length with myself - I decided £75 for some instant peace of mind was a small cost while I research more robust solution. A Texacom Premier seems favorite at the moment.

No doubt I'll be back should I buy one.

Bye, bye for now,

col

Yes but new was 13 years ago... They installed it, serviced it (while I was having it serviced) and I opened it - for possibly the first time - last week.

I guess, like many people, I nievely assumed they because that had the bit of paper it'd all be up to scratch. I never looked into what "nacoss certified" as the information, via places such as this forum, wasn't so readily available.

That said it has worked pretty much faultlessly for nigh on 13 years so I've certainly got my money's  worth :)

I appreciate the alarm I've installed is "budget" at best - having discussed it at length with myself - I decided £75 for some instant peace of mind was a small cost while I research more robust solution. A Texacom Premier seems favorite at the moment.

No doubt I'll be back should I buy one.

Bye, bye for now,

col

41549[/snapback]

Definately come back and see us when you get your new (and better) panel.

I'm sure we can be of assistance. :yes:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

If you open up most 13 year old panels you will find stuff that we would get shot for now, there were nowhere near as many rules and regs then as there are now. Personally I like to take pride in my control panels and make the paperwork and identification as easy as possible for anyone following.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest calmstones
Hello forum. Sorry for the long post but I Googled my way here as I have a bit of a problem with my alarm. To cut a long story short [1], I've just returned from holiday to find that my, admittedly old but previously faultless, Aritech CP33 control panel is no longer communicating with the system box. I plan a DIY replacement but meanwhile have a problem with the external strobe; its constantly flashing (presumably because the system was armed prior to the failure and therefore activated when it couldn

i agree breff

i do the same twist all my pairs tie wrap cables neatley in cpu housing

best way and makes the job look more profesional and tidy ;)

Archived