Security Installer Community

Door contacts or PIR's

Guest Chewie

Crossing mains is perfectly ok

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I bought the texecom prestige compact PIR's thinking that the brackets would have cable feed through as is stated on the prestige quad PIR's and they have'nt. :realmad:

Does anyone know if the brackets are interchangeable as I would like to use ones with cable feed through.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chewie

I have to say thatr alertelectrical.com were brilliant. Phoned them about the brackets not having cable passthrough on the compact PIR's. And they sent me some in the post, free of charge.

Just finished putting my bellboxes up, and now its starting to snow. :)

It was damn cold up that ladder  :no:

42557[/snapback]

Cold??? Tell me about it.. :lol::lol:

Cold??? Tell me about it..  :lol:  :lol:

42561[/snapback]

If you have RKPs (which you have!) I would ditch that little speaker in the control unit itself. It will give the location away rather quickly otherwise!

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you have RKPs (which you have!) I would ditch that little speaker in the control unit itself. It will give the location away rather quickly otherwise!

Stu.

43458[/snapback]

Do you mean that if i silence my RKP it will tell me when cold is coming? :blink:

Guest Chewie

Stu.

43458[/snapback]

Cupboard under the stairs, is there a more obvious location :w00t:

I do see your logic though. But what with the 2 rkp's and the extension speaker it is not easy to hear the unit in the cupboard.

Installation is almost finished now, just need to fit one more contact and the power supply for the second bell. I will post some pics up when its all done.

Wanted to fit the PIR in the study. You know how one thing leads to another, ended up ripping the ceiling down (because it was ****) it also allowed me to run a load of ither cable I wanted to (tv, cat5, cable BB etc). So fitting 1 PIR ended up as a job that has lasted 5 days and counting :w00t:

Wanted to fit the PIR in the study.  You know how one thing leads to another, ended up ripping the ceiling down (because it was ****) it also allowed me to run a load of ither cable I wanted to (tv, cat5, cable BB etc).  So fitting 1 PIR ended up as a job that has lasted 5 days and counting  :w00t:

43965[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean!

I thought about fitting a new shower and enclosure in the en-suite. 6 months later, the new boiler, new fitted wardrobes, new en-suite bathroom, new walls, new doors and copious amounts of rewired lights and sockets etc...(the list goes on for a while :w00t: ) and the shower's working!

Archived