Security Installer Community

ADE optima G3 fire alarm switch.

Guest Chewie

Hi.

I have several housesafe 3 in 1 fire alarms in my property, these are the ones that replace a light pendant. They are all interconnected so if one triggers they all go off. I want to use the interconnect to operate the fire switch on my alarm panel, so that a speech dialler will inform me if there is a fire alarm trigger.

You cannot draw any current from the housesafe alarms because the voltage will drop down too far, so you cant just use a relay. So I have an op-amp and relay to close a contact when there is a trigger from the fire alarm.

This works well and when the fire alarm is set off using the test button, the relay closes to make the circuit. I have programmed zone 8 in the g3 panel as a 24 hour fire zone to test the housesafe fire alarm with the panel and it does work but not quite as I would expect.

When I press the test button on the fire alarm, the relay closes and makes the switch in the g3 alarm panel, but the g3 alarm panel does not go off until I release the test button on the fire alarm.

So for the g3 alarm panel to register a fire alarm trigger and hence the speech dialler to call out, the switch on the g3 alarm panel has to close and then open again. Is this normal as I would have thought it would go off as soon as the switch closed.

Many thanks for your time.

Chewie

You need to make the circuit closed going open in alarm.

Pete

38471[/snapback]

So the circuit needs to be normally closed. OK thanks a lot, makes sense.

Archived