Security Installer Community

Part P?

Guest sens7

• 1 year later...
Guest CHEAPERTRACKS.COM
While we are on this subject, did you know that we now cannot run telephone wiring thru kitchens or bathrooms as phone voltage is 100v when ringing.

75v A/C ring current leaves the exchange.

50v DC standing leaves the exchange.

Never take it for granted, when I worked for BT I encountered a home made ansa phone which added 230v A/C to the line. Fun if your a jointer knee deep in water...

I'd be less inclined to bother with domestic other than for friends\family and existing customers.

One thing to note is that Part P only applies to domestic electrics. You can still carry on regardless in commercial and industrial properties.

hi Lurch,

i did not know that qualification and how daft is this 'loophole', the sites i have been on where the 'electrician' is of a dubious background. is this the same with the 'small works' additional sheets?

regs

alan

So you wouldn't turn down any mains jobs you might get? I haven't but can't stop wandering if its as bad or illegal as a none Corgi bloke doing a gas job.

hi mate, the bigger worry is if you work on a circuit, you become responsible for all of it (not qualified but as i understand it), so if somewhere else a j/b lid is off and somebody gets zapped you are on very dodgy ground, you P/L insurrance will not cover you either.

i know its a pia and i'm competant, but i steer well clear.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

75v A/C ring current leaves the exchange.

50v DC standing leaves the exchange.

Unles it's ISDN. Still above the 50V required for it to be SELV anyway.

i did not know that qualification and how daft is this 'loophole', the sites i have been on where the 'electrician' is of a dubious background. is this the same with the 'small works' additional sheets?

I think it came about due to most dubious electrical works being carried out by DIY'ers and kitchen fitters\plumbers etc...

Not sure what you mean by 'is this the same with the 'small works' additional sheets?'.

Archived