Security Installer Community

Wiring two bell boxes to one panel

antinode

I'm planning on having a Gardtec Nova 2 at the front of the house and a Texecom Odyssey 1E at the back. I'm using a Galaxy 16+ panel. I think I've got the gist of it (in theory), it's just the tamper thats a bit more invloved than the rest of the connections (which are just wired in paralell?) There's a diagram of how I think it's done below. Hopefully, I'm not too far off :whistle::)

post-1903-1106363381_thumb.jpg

Trade Member

Yup, you've got the gist of it. :)

Just remove the Pos (red) link between the novagard 12V+ hold off and the strobe+, as this will make it flash constantly.

It just gives you the option of supplying a positive or negative trigger to the strobe, and you already have the negative connected.

p.s You don't need to show cable tie positions in wiring diagrams! ;):lol:

If you don't know......ask.

cheers! Those blue rings were supposed to show where the outer sheath of the cable starts and stops :lol:

Looks like tommorow will be a true test of my cable concealing skills. The front one is easy, just straight into the loft through the wall. The back one is a little more involved though. Oh well, I'll let you all know *fingers crossed*

Trade Member

Yup, you've got the gist of it. :)

Just remove the Pos (red) link between the novagard 12V+ hold off and the strobe+, as this will make it flash constantly.

It just gives you the option of supplying a positive or negative trigger to the strobe, and you already have the negative connected.

37627[/snapback]

Sorry to contradict you.

Assuming the nova 2 is the same PCB as the nova 4, you need the 12v link or the strobe will not work. If it was to be pos trigger then you would link 0v to stb-

Paul

Trade Member

oops!

Good job I wasn't fitting it!

Apologies antinode, Paul P is quite right. The link i told you to remove is the positive supply for the strobe, not a trigger.

As Paul said, leave the link in!

:blush:

If you don't know......ask.

Maybe an extra power supply is in order? Ideally, both boxes would be in SAB mode, but there's not enough current available from the panel on its own. The front box has to be in SAB mode really. SCB is just to quiet :(

Trade Member

Archived