Security Installer Community

Which House Alarm?

Guest flyingphil

Guest flyingphil

Dear All,

I'm looking at getting a simple alarm system for my home. I don't want to spend more than about £400 and will have it installed or could install it myself. I'm currently looking at the BT Home Monitoring system and the Yale HSA 3000 / 3500 systems. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these are can anyone recommend anything better for the price?

Many thanks,

Phil

Personally I would contact a local alarm installation company as they will install a system far superior and less suseptable to alarm conditions, OK you may need to pay more depending on what you want, but im sure most companies will install a billy basic system for around the £400 mark.

D

Grab three quotes from different companies so you can compare not only price, but suggestions of location of detectors and panel etc. If you're in the Plymouth area give us a call!

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chriswatson

Both the BT Home Monitoring system and the Yale HSA 3000 / 3500 systems are aimed at the DIY market, so will be very basic systems.

£400 should get you an alarm installed with most companies. When getting your quotes make sure you ask how they will run the cables !!!! A good installer should be able to hide 95% of the cables.

I've seen some **** installations in my time , so make sure you discuss with your installer how they'll be running the cables.

Chris

Archived