Security Installer Community

galaxy again

Guest nigelbt

Guest nigelbt

Hi Dave sorry posting here my passwords on home computer, i have bought a new keypad for the galaxy and almost all seems to be working ok, two questions.

1: can you change the managers code from eng mode as i code i was given for mgr or default code does not work?

2: i assumed pir would be wired up 12v feed ,then resistor across alm connections in pir,this does not seem to be working can you help?

sorry if im a pain but you are the only person who seems to know how to help me and willing to,cheers, Nigel.

Menu 51 option 21 enables you the Engineer to RESET the Managers code to its Default 1234. So this should solve your Manager Code query.

As for the Pir connections :)

Connect + and - as normal, now for the Zone and Tamper connections you will only need "2" wires and 2 "1K" resistors.

detector.jpg

As you can see you need a resistor accross the zone terminals and one resistor from a zone terminal to a tamper terminal.

What the panel is looking for is a resistance of 1k when the sensor is in standby and 2K when its triggered.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest nigelbt

sorry Dave you have changed site and ive just worked out what im doing,much easier to find things now i have posted a reply in Control Panel Queries & Programming Options for this if you can help,thanks.

Sorry nigel I moved the thread you created in the Guests lounge to the correct section, its a nasty habbit of mine. I like to keep things in the correct location.

Anyway The option you require is only accesible from the Engineers menu.

For the Galaxy16 they are in option 6 (Parameters) part 10 (Reset Mgr) if you have the Engineers manual its on page 62.

This will allow reseting of the Managers Code (Usr14) to the default (1234). Pressing the # key enables this option. The Manager code will not reset until you press the ENT key.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. :)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived